Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone pointed out that there maybe a V8 (ss) version of the Ghibli in the works.

I had some free time on the train today, and thought I'd make a rough mock up of what a Ghibli MC Stradale might look like.

This isn't meant to be taken seriously, but I hope you like the mockup.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Not bad at all. Good work!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Very Talented Indeed

...can't wait to see the 3D version...Maserati designers should give you a call they could use your ideas for sure.

What sw did you use?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What sw did you use?
Thank you :) I used photoshop, just used some of the aero off the MC-S from pics I had, lowered the car, bigger wheels, "custom" front nose, and random touch ups here and there (Door handles, ect.)

The hardest part was finding the MC Stradale logo. I had to lift it off a Technical details PDF :rolleyes:

·
Registered
62 Posts
awesome!

when do u guys think that maserati will launch the MC Stradale Ghibli? and around what price point do you think this version will be at? 100+k?

·
Registered
84 Posts
It's just a pipedream at this point. I think Maserati's focus right now is to get the Levante rolled out and the new Granturismo announced and into production. Then I think they'll start working on variants.

If I was in charge, I'd leave the car as a V6 and price it at 112k for an MC Stradale. A bit of added styling, more profit, but no major engine changes except for a little remapping of the cpu so as to not compete too much with the new Granturismo, which I would price around 118k for a Coupe and 135k for a Convertible. I think the 170k Granturismo's with 35k discounts are going out the door, and instead the pricing model will be to start the cars out with a lower MSRP with less of a discount than the MASSIVE discounts you're able to get right now on them.

Once they roll everything out I think we'll start to see additional variants and Maserati starting to play with price points a bit and seeing what they think they can get away with their new market share.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Maserati Alfieri Forum

It's just a pipedream at this point. I think Maserati's focus right now is to get the Levante rolled out and the new Granturismo announced and into production. Then I think they'll start working on variants.
if the ghibli does well in the market, do you think maserati will launch the ghibli MC stradale version within 2 years? or would that be way too quick?

what abt the the maserati alfieri concept car? when do you guys think it will be put into production?

isnt it just a matter of time for our pipedreams of both the ghibli mc stradale and alfieri to materialize?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Two years is too quick in the lifecycle of a brand new car to start releasing variants of it. In order to extend the longevity of the product, it's smarter to re-energize it about 4 years or so into the lifecycle bringing new life to it. That's when I think we should see some new Ghibli versions. Just my opinion of course.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Well the good news is, it is confirmed! There will be a V8 Ghibli with 560hp on tap upping the hp from the existing V8 in the Quattraporte. Maserati has confirmed the V8 from the Quattraporte will be used after they recently confirmed it will fit in the hood of the Ghibli. I believe it will either be a 2016 or 2017 model year released in Aug/Sept. Whether they call it a Ghibli MC Stradale or Ghibli GTS is to be determined, but it will be taking on the M5/M6, E63/CLS AMG and RS7 and will have the hp to do it. I would expect the starting price will be just below $100K USD.

Also, at the same time, they will be boosting hp in the base Ghibli from 330hp to 350hp and in the SQ4 from 410hp to 450hp.

We should see 0-60 times improve and I'd expect; base = 5.0 seconds, SQ4 = 4.4 seconds and MC = 3.9 seconds.

Based on my experience after 8 months of owning an SQ4, I'll be right in line for the MC for sure! The only thing the car lacks is a bit more hp and a V8 grunt. :D

·
Registered
311 Posts
Great news... Do you think the V8 will fit with the AWD system? I always thought the V6 and AWD fits and works but the V8 and AWD is another story ...

·
Registered
348 Posts
Great news... Do you think the V8 will fit with the AWD system? I always thought the V6 and AWD fits and works but the V8 and AWD is another story ...
Great point! It is confirmed at this point to be AWD for both the Quattraporte and Ghibli. I would think without it and due to the weight of the cars and the hp, you would almost need it to keep the traction...same thing Mercedes did with the newer E63 and CLS63.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts