Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The left Mirror is whistling around 60 mph with high frequency, which is annoying driving with the window down. Anyone noticed that or solved this problem?
Small prob, otherwise i‘m very happy with the Ghibli.

Daynie

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Hi Daynie

take an electrician tape ( not sure we say like that) and put around the plastic joint in the mirror
like here

and drive a bit and check

if not
try number one drive a bit if not number 2 .. remove always the tape when you try in a different place
so you can see exactly where is and check if there is nothing that can cause that ( dirty or piece of plastic or anything else)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Geoffrey,

Thank you for your answer.
Really good idea to locate the whistle. But if I know where it comes from: what to do then? Driving with tape around the mirror?
Silicone in the gap? Bah.
I thought about the CF Mirror-Caps?
Did you notice the whistling? I just wonder if this is only my Ghibli whistling or do they all do?

Daynie

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
I have no noise at all in mine

not for the moment in any case

maybe someone bump your mirror and the noise started from there

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi.
There seems to be no bump or any damage at the mirror. But the edges between the mirror-cap and the plastic frame are really sharp. If I put my hand on the mirror during driving the whistling noise stops at once. Maybe I have to rounden these sharp edges, but how to do so?
In my ears the whistling stops at a speed around 130 km/h but my son told me it‘s even more annoying cause of very high frequencies. His ears are younger and can hear more than mine.

Daynie

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

1 - 5 of 5 Posts