Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2028 Ghibli last month. There us no jack in the tool set. The dealer says this is because there is no spare tyre, instead there dips a puncture repair kit. Compressor and injecting stuff. I have owned a lot of Merc's with no spare wheell but all had a jack. Any advice on this Thanks.

·
Registered
2018 Ghibli SQ4 GranSport
1 Posts
I also bought a 2018 Ghibli last month. I also wondered about the missing jack, which I discovered some days after the purchase. I assumed the puncture repair kit was the explanation, but did find it a bit suspicious. Now, reading your post, I'm relieved and accept it as perfectly in order. If I ever get a flat tire I will use the repair kit, or a repair foam I recently succefully used on another car. Five minutes work,

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also bought a 2018 Ghibli last month. I also wondered about the missing jack, which I discovered some days after the purchase. I assumed the puncture repair kit was the explanation, but did find it a bit suspicious. Now, reading your post, I'm relieved and accept it as perfectly in order. If I ever get a flat tire I will use the repair kit, or a repair foam I recently succefully used on another car. Five minutes work,
Thank's for that like you it reassures me. I simply don't trust car sales people.

·
Administrator
2,248 Posts
To save weight and space the Ghibli has the repair kit. I had a flat in my wife's BMW so had the local AAA do a swap to a winter tire/rim since BMW's no longer have spares (use run flats). He commented on how many people get stuck and have no spare. Ironically, he mentioned how the Maserati doesn't have a spare but at least they have a repair kit that works for typical flats. I said like that Maserati in the 3rd bay .... he chuckled and said yes. The problem he sees is more with damaged rims that can't be repaired with kit or people not replacing kit after a use. For my wife's 5-series BMW I think I'm going to get the mini spare that BMW has started to offer again just so she doesn't get stranded.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for your insight. Not surprised to hear BMW reintroducing a spare. I have never had to use one of the kits. Feel a bit uncertain of their effectiveness, but I suppose given their popularity with manufacturers they must work. Like you if I get a flat I will be calling the RAC.

·
Registered
2015 Maserati Ghibli S Q4
39 Posts
I bought a 2028 Ghibli last month. There us no jack in the tool set. The dealer says this is because there is no spare tyre, instead there dips a puncture repair kit. Compressor and injecting stuff. I have owned a lot of Merc's with no spare wheell but all had a jack. Any advice on this Thanks.
This is good to know. Thank you. I think if I ever had a flat, J would just call Roadside Service and let them know I don’t have a jack or spare tire, and let them come prepared with a spare.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes this is more typical than you think. Its weight savings to improve the mileage numbers and vehicle cost, but cost you more in maintenance. Best to carry around a can of tire foam for emerg.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts