Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Now the weather is changing and getting colder, I am having a big issue with the windows and windscreen 'fogging' up.
Does anyone have any tips for clearing the fog quickly ?
On the heater controls, I am able to choose feet, mid and windscreen direction but not windscreen and mid level (air vents) which would be more efficient.
Do I use air con ?
Do I use Auto ?
It's very frustrating as I have to sit for 10 minutes before it is safe enough (clear) to drive.
Any advise appreciated !
Cheers

·
Administrator
2,411 Posts
I found using "AUTO" seems to address the fogging up. The system starts with sending warm air to front windows and then gradually shifts forward.

The back window you might need to manually depress the rear defog/defrost button.

There must be condensation that forms in the air system which causes the fogging ... this car is a little worse than my previous.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers guys, I will give it a go....... Just a follow up question, what temp should the 'Auto' be set at ?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Make sure your a/c (air con) is ON. This will dehumidfy the windshield.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi all,
Thanks for the feedback, just to be clear, I am not on about the occasional fogging you get when driving, I mean when you get in your car in the morning, it seems to take f o- r- e- v- e- r to demist the windscreen.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi punksterz626, yes, tried them, the back ones pretty efficient but the front one takes ages :-(

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm booked in for them to take a look (it seems to take a crazy amount of time to clear)... at the same time they are addressing the turbo waste gate fix :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts