Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i've recently got a problem with all the windows misting when the car stops moving and the engine stops due to the auto start/stop after about 1-2 hours of driving...so although the engine has stopped, the AC is still blowing (I've tried all the combos of AC and Auto)...it used to be fine but recently it fogs up the whole car within 30 seconds of the car being stationary and there is a slightly damp smell from the air being blown out...i've had the car serviced and they have changed the air filter and told me nothing is wrong, but it still persists...anyone else had this problem? thanks,

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi there,

We need to establish that you A/C is actually working. It's easy to check. Open your bonnet/ hood and the A/C compressor is at the front of the engine towards the right on the lower portion of the engine. Follow the drive belt and you'll see it. It free wheels on the drive belt until the magnetic clutch it triggered. So if the off position, you'll see the outer part of the pulley spinning but the inner part on the front of pulley will be static (you should see a plate with rivets on it).
When the A/C is on, this front part spins and you'll not see the rivets because it's spinning so fast.
If your A/C compressor is not working then when you turn on the A/C button inside your cabin, the compressor pulley disc won't be spinning. I've just had a similar problem and it turned out to be the A/C relay. Dealer charge £273 to diagnose and fit a new one!
Let me know what you find.

Does anyone have a relay layout they could post on here? All the relays are the same part number in the fuse box in engine bay, so a simple swap with another less important relay will confirm that this is your problem.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Did you work out what the issue was? Sorry I know this is an old post, but I have this issue. It has driven me nuts. It was a lot worse than it is now. I took the car to Chris at Giallo and he re-routed the drain for the air con, as this seemed to have been incorrectly installed when the car was new. This stopped it steaming up whilst I was along , which was terrifying. I now have the steaming up when the stop- start kicks in. The aircon is working, I checked as per this post, with the engine running and the aircon on and off. Any suggestions would be appreciated. It happens mostly on auto with the warmer settings. So on cold mornings. Thanks Jon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Update: changed the cabin filter. Seems ok now. The old one looked fine but dirty. Thanks Jon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts