Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, anxiously awaiting MotorTrend and Car and Driver to run full reviews of the Ghibli. They did do their "first impressions" which are short reviews, but really would love to see two of the best magazines give a full in-depth review or run a comparison to the competition.

Asking every member here to do us all a favor; please write the editors and request they run a in-depth review and or competitive comparison. The more noise we make, the more they will push Maserati to get a test car and write a review. All of us as Maserati Ghibli enthusiasts would benefit greatly from this, the Maserati brand should as well, and the general enthusiast community.

Here's their contact info….

[email protected]

Motor Trend Staff - Editors, Authors, & Contributors - Motor Trend Magazine
go to this webpage and write Edward Loh the Editor and Chief and also Johnny Liebermann

If we can get a quick campaign going and generate 20, 30 or even 50 requests within a few days from our efforts, they are going to listen and put the Ghibli on the top of the list. Let's create the demand!!!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Email sent
Excellent! I sent mine last night.

C'mon gentleman, let's bombard them with requests. Too often Maserati is overlooked and we don't get full in-depth reviews that are afforded to higher-end and lower-end cars like Ferrari or Mercedes/BMW…it would be nice to see the Ghibli get some more attention.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have not written a magazine requesting an full on review of the Ghibli because I'm a non subscriber,do get Autoweek but they don't do what I'd call a full on review of the cars.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks gentleman for all those that submitted a request, hopefully we'll persuade C&D and MT to review sooner then later!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'd think Maserati would be calling all the major magazine and media outlets to say,would you like a Ghibli to review/test,shoot even hit up TV stations in the major markets

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'd think Maserati would be calling all the major magazine and media outlets to say,would you like a Ghibli to review/test,shoot even hit up TV stations in the major markets
Every car company does this as did Maserati in June-Sept when brief overviews were provided. However, nobody has done a "full test" of the car and reader demands will drive that, not corporate marketing initiatives.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Would Be nice to have top gear UK doing a full review as well...
Sent Message to Car and Driver on FB as well..

·
Registered
87 Posts
I agree that UK Top Gear should review. I would love to see challenges such as counting head-turns of on-lookers vs. BMW/Merc.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Most major urban centers in the US are so saturated with BMW, MB, and Audi that heads rarily turn for them... "Oh, look! That's only the 1724th BMW I've seen today."

Tesla Model S also on every corner, at least they look nice. Lots of Pantera too, but whew! that is one butt ugly automobile.

Does top gear et al actually tally head turns??

·
Registered
117 Posts
MotorTrend and Car and Driver currently have Ghibli's for review.

MT posted a video on Instagram of them on a race track. It looked like they may have been testing acceleration.

C/D posted a video on YouTube detailing the AWD system and they had people write in with questions about the Ghibli.

My guess is we should see them in a couple of months.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 19 of 19 Posts