Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I traded in my Ghibli Saturday and only had it for 14 months. I bought a ton of crap for it like I always do. I have some stuff I have no use for if anyone is interested. The car was a 2017 SQ4.

-Front black WeatherTech floor mats in excellent condition. The car didn't see snow.
-OEM Maserati trunk liner also in excellent condition
  • Carlinkit USB-C Wireless Apple Carplay dongle for 2017+. Worked excellent in our cars. I will include the flat cables that allow you to stow it in the phone tray and close the door
  • WeatherTech Rear Door Card liners/protection. I never even opened these. I bought them in case I had to transport my German Shepherd in it.

I can send pictures or links if anyone is interested. Just looking for a fair price and to get these to a good home. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey guys, I traded in my Ghibli Saturday and only had it for 14 months. I bought a ton of crap for it like I always do. I have some stuff I have no use for if anyone is interested. The car was a 2017 SQ4.

-Front black WeatherTech floor mats in excellent condition. The car didn't see snow.
  • Carlinkit USB-C Wireless Apple Carplay dongle for 2017+. Worked excellent in our cars. I will include the flat cables that allow you to stow it in the phone tray and close the door
  • WeatherTech Rear Door Card liners/protection. I never even opened these. I bought them in case I had to transport my German Shepherd in it.

I can send pictures or links if anyone is interested. Just looking for a fair price and to get these to a good home. PM me if interested.
curious about those cables that allowed you to close the door. Can you please share where you bought them?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
33 Posts

what car did you move on to?

·
Administrator
2,474 Posts
Car looks really sharp ... looks like a M950iX from that photo angle:cool:. The 5-series are solid like a rock. Is that the Twin Turbo V8 456HP? My wife has the 5 series, but not the M ... she really likes it. Dealer tried to talk me into his and her M5's when we went to pick up my wife's car. A local couple leases two new ones every year and trades them ... must be nice.
Wish you the best of luck on your new BMW.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That is a looonnnnng nose!
Haha, I took this picture on ultra wide mode with my iPhone 12 Pro Max because I was close and couldn’t back up. Here is a better accurate picture.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Car looks really sharp ... looks like a M950iX from that photo angle:cool:. The 5-series are solid like a rock. Is that the Twin Turbo V8 456HP? My wife has the 5 series, but not the M ... she really likes it. Dealer tried to talk me into his and her M5's when we went to pick up my wife's car. A local couple leases two new ones every year and trades them ... must be nice.
Wish you the best of luck on your new BMW.
Hey thanks man and thanks for all your help with my newbie questions a year ago.

The M550ix is stated as 456HP, but it’s a well know fact that BMW underrated the HP for some reason I don’t understand. It’s been known to Dyno at 540hp consistently from the factory. Let me tell you, if the Ghibli really was at 404HP, this M550 definitely has well more than 52HP more. It’s easily the fastest car I have ever owned, especially from 0 to whatever. It just pulls like a V8 twin turbo.

I don’t even drive aggressively but I’m getting a stage 1 Dinan tune next week which brings it to almost 600HP which isn’t a stretch because the Dinan tune only adds 50HP but again the aforementioned underrating.

I’ll be hanging around this forum. I love cars and I’ve spent so much time getting up to speed on the Ghibli I may be able to answer some easy questions.

·
Administrator
2,474 Posts
Hey thanks man and thanks for all your help with my newbie questions a year ago.

The M550ix is stated as 456HP, but it’s a well know fact that BMW underrated the HP for some reason I don’t understand. It’s been known to Dyno at 540hp consistently from the factory. Let me tell you, if the Ghibli really was at 404HP, this M550 definitely has well more than 52HP more. It’s easily the fastest car I have ever owned, especially from 0 to whatever. It just pulls like a V8 twin turbo.

I don’t even drive aggressively but I’m getting a stage 1 Dinan tune next week which brings it to almost 600HP which isn’t a stretch because the Dinan tune only adds 50HP but again the aforementioned underrating.

I’ll be hanging around this forum. I love cars and I’ve spent so much time getting up to speed on the Ghibli I may be able to answer some easy questions.
Good to see you hang around to share your experiences!

And you never know you could always come back ... with the new 580HP Twin Turbo now available in the Ghibli;). They have been selling well ... especially considering the steep price of entry. The tune puts this about 650HP. I looked at one during my last service visit but not in a rush the pull the trigger.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good to see you hang around to share your experiences!

And you never know you could always come back ... with the new 580HP Twin Turbo now available in the Ghibli;). They have been selling well ... especially considering the steep price of entry. The tune puts this about 650HP. I looked at one during my last service visit but not in a rush the pull the trigger.

View attachment 21424
That engine is eye candy to look at! I am a fan of Maserati, but what I learned in my year of ownership and hanging out with the Maserati crowd online in various places is that if I ever buy another Maserati, it will be the GT MC

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Didn’t like the ghibli?
If I am being completely honest, there were things I loved and things I hated and the things I hated outweighed the love. I think the Ghibli is one of the sexiest sedans on the road, I love the design. The exhaust of course. What I didn't like, or should I say, I missed, was the handling and technology offered in BMW's, so I went back to BMW.

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Ghibli SQ4
121 Posts
Are you changing your name to Joe-Beemer?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Are you changing your name to Joe-Beemer?
Don't need to, I have been a member of many BMW forums for the last 10-15-20 years as Joe-BMW. I have an E39 M-tech too, so I am always active on the BMW boards, which are more lively than Maserati boards for some reason.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts