·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just received it brand new a few days ago;) it has today 430km at the tacho

some pictures from this morning
. . .
this hidden button adjust the floor pedals electrically
Umbrella Ghibli ( gift batterie charger gift etc )

. LED matrix lights honestly I love them

now 1200km

that's all folks for now

·
Registered
264 Posts
Nice! I did not get that new shifter knob on my 2018 (looks like BMW) nor did I get a battery tender (or those gloves lol).... I would much prefer that type of shifter knob, good for you.

Do you not drive your ghibli in the winter with those 21 wheels? Or do you swap to winter tires? I love the look of the 21s but just didn't want to deal with swapping tires twice a year.

Also, what's your impression of the Bowers? Enough bass for you?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Wow! Doesn't look like you skipped an option on this thing. Beautiful. Side profile front of looks really aggressive. Best of luck with her.

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice! I did not get that new shifter knob on my 2018 (looks like BMW) nor did I get a battery tender (or those gloves lol).... I would much prefer that type of shifter knob, good for you.

Do you not drive your ghibli in the winter with those 21 wheels? Or do you swap to winter tires? I love the look of the 21s but just didn't want to deal with swapping tires twice a year.

I have 2 other cars, this one it is only for pleasure and summer time only
all winter will be in the garage with the protection on top of it and that's it.

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

the bowers&wilkin... I am ashame but did not try yet ;) today I will look at all that things

·
Registered
651 Posts
Not a big fan of the color combo, but the car is pretty awesome, I'm pretty jealous :p Wish I could justify the expense of getting a new Ghibli after only two years :)
Are those Maserati logo puddle lights standard now?

Also, can you please keep an eye on your center caps and tell me if they go dark like the old ones?

ChiTownMaser, those gloves come standard with the European emergency kit (along with some other goodies that Geoffrey took a pic of), but I think they're made for Italians with small hands, cause they don't fit regular size hands :)

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Some news from my new Ghibli GranSport SQ4

I tested the Bowers & Wilkins, and I am just more than happy with the sound it is very sharp clear, good bass and the surround it is fantastic, I listen most via BT with my phone.
I was afraid after reading a lot around that was crap, but luckily for me, it is what i was expecting, far way better then the Harman Kardon i had in the previous
Things that I absolutely love it, the new driving assistance with radar etc, in the highway it is perfect for me, I did 300km today, and just a very relaxing time
The shifter knob it is also a better improvement compared to the crappy old one, was difficult to use especially if you were not used to it, it is much better now, also no M button anymore, just push the shifter knob to the left and M it is engaged, if you stop the car with the shifter in that M position, it goes on his own to the initial center position.
Another quite big improvement it is the finishing inside the car, the surrounding noise has improved, it is quiet which make some believing that the exhaust has changed and does less sound as an older version which is not true I can tell you. and no squeezy noises anywhere.
the doors panel have a different design compare to the old version, the carbon in the center it is also different the design on the carbon makes a different effect
the soft close it is great, nothing to say, and now the LED Matri Lights, I read bad about, and again and it is my own opinion, it is just fantastic, in any case in Europe, sometimes the high beams stay a bit longer and can disturb someone, but in general it is really good compared to the bi-Xenon in my previous
besides that, the car looks fantastic, I love it, i did almost 1000km with it " already" and it is great and fun to drive.

one thing. the new versions have a weight of 2070 kg for some versions, mine it was in the balance and it is 2010kg, with all liquids full and ready to go ( and with the options in too) but we don't fell at all while driving, it still fast very fast.

I did a small movie today as it comes to almost 1000kmh

so please have a look, SOUND and . the car from Exterior.
but the Sound of this engine it is really unbelievable.

the video

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no idea to be honest, in the car papers it says year 2018

and the dealer told me that all cars starting being build from last week of June 2018 will get the new knob schifter and some other differences
I will create a topic with the differences I see from my new one and my previous end 2016 also SQ4

·
Registered
651 Posts
Only the GranSport has the blue lines. You also got a blue trident on the wheel caps - of which I'm still curious if they turn black with time :)
Not sure if the front one (the non radar version) has blue lines too on the GranSport line.
QP GTS has red lines on the trident.

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
from what I could see in my research it seems that the non radar version has also blue lines in the trident in the front
and yes I have the blue trident on the weels cap

For the wheel caps like in all my cars, I wax them from day one, and never had any problem ( it protects them from corrosion etc)
either in my previous Ghibli

I do 2 to 3 times a year

·
Registered
651 Posts
For the wheel caps like in all my cars, I wax them from day one, and never had any problem ( it protects them from corrosion etc)
either in my previous Ghibli

I do 2 to 3 times a year

It's not corrosion, they turn black from the brake heat, it's like the plastic gets burned/cured or something - I suspect it's the satin finish.
Look at most QPs and Ghiblis with Titano wheels, the caps are the same shade of grey as the wheels only when the cars are new, then they get darker.

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i see what you mean, and did not have that problem in my previous one, hope I don't get that in the new one
Is it not possible to polish them or something?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts