Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
ahh I bought it directly in Maserati Garage - it is an INDOOR cover, for the exterior it is a different material and it is all white color

·
Administrator
2,410 Posts
Car looks sharp and fully loaded.

Nice job on video showing all the features.

You can see the Ghibli has come a long way since 2014 launch year ... I paid just under $100K US for my car with add-ons and your 2018 has many more refinements including engine.
There are a couple things on the older MY14 that still wish they carried forward ... the old style Maserati emblem in front grill and the deeper sound of the older cars.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
Car looks sharp and fully loaded.

Nice job on video showing all the features.

You can see the Ghibli has come a long way since 2014 launch year ... I paid just under $100K US for my car with add-ons and your 2018 has many more refinements including engine.
There are a couple things on the older MY14 that still wish they carried forward ... the old style Maserati emblem in the front grill and the deeper sound of the older cars.
Thanks a lot

The emblem is the same as in 2014, did not change I mean the small round one on top in the front, if you are speaking about the big trident on the front grill, still the same as 2014 the only thing is, I have a plastic one because there is the radar on it ( option )
with the new drive assistance plus, the car drives alone for a few seconds and ask you to put the hands on the steering wheel, it works really well, and even if you keep your hand on the steering wheel, the car still " drive" for you, you can fell the car doing corrections etc, absolutely fantastic. ( for highways only)

I am in the highway and there is no Speed limit, you can go Flat out legally only the distances between cars can be fine by cops ( and they don't laugh about) .. if they catch you.. ( I reach 300kmh with my previous ghibli)
but for now the car it still too new.

For the sound I drove a 2015 for a few weeks and did not see any change outside, sometimes my wife was taking it and I follow behind and was just incredible, same for my 2017 and 2019
What is really a big difference it is inside, in the latest model MY2019 they Isolated so much the cabin inside that it is hard to listen to the engine, you need to open a window or the sunroof, otherwise, you don't get anything mostly comparing to the 2015. They changed 70% of the new model and Isolation was also one of the items.
So outside you still have a really incredible sound, which weak up the neighborhood everytime I start it on Sports mode in cold start and driving as soon as you reach 3200rpm,, the Pavarotti start singing.. and what a pleasure, especially in town, it makes like an echo awesome

what is something I fell really strange, and this is my second new Maserati, is people when they see this one , telling that it is bigger than the previous one It's strange because it is the same size. I had more than 10 people telling me that, and they knew quite well my previous one.

Here the 2015 SQ4 I've driven for many weeks compare to my new MY2019 there is a lot of differences in so many ways

·
Registered
10 Posts
Love the new look and finishing touches... gotta say I'm not a fan of the new front grille emblem. Looks very cheap, unfortunately.

·
Administrator
2,410 Posts
Nice update!

It was the trident emblem in plastic that I found wasn't as nice for the front view of this vehicle. They need to figure a way make it look metal /classic and include radar.
My SUV is more expensive than my MY14 Ghibli and I turn off most of the auto guidance features ... only one active is collision. I do like the 360 view ... that I miss.

In MY 2014, even with "dealer" added dynamat sound insulation throughout car you can not hear yourself think on highway or optimum RPM for exhaust drone. At our last Ghibli meet up on East Coast US, you could tell how much loader (raw) MY14 was over MY15+. Surprisingly, many new owners complained, especially about the "waste gate rattle" which prompted Maserati to tone down the vehicle.

One way to improve customer satisfaction with newer models was change the acceleration curve, so you will see more responsiveness with less pedal force and different transmission program compared to earlier models. Almost like drive by wire ... but in end once you floor the car all is same.

I do think the Ghibli has come a lone way from it's launch year trying to find the best fit between QP, GT and now Alfa.

I will admit, early first gen ECU "full" tune by Enzo on the SQ4 gave an unbelievable feeling of explosive power and HP gain ... made me think why the car didn't come that way. Someday Maserati will factory include 500+ HP in a Ghibli regardless of whether it competes to closely with GT/GT versions.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
The problem is, Maserati like any other brand do cars for everyone.. not just pilots or very good drivers, it is for everyone, old farts young stupid, WOMENS..... jisus.. and much more, also to be driven in many different countries with different climate and conditions, it is absolutely difficult to create a car that has to fulfill almost all kind of people.
It is not a race car of a GT 2 doors crazy thing where 90% of people just go away, this is a Salon car, so many are attracted by the name be the style by the driving etc.

of course, Maserati can do better and put this thing driving like crazy, but then, how reliable will be the engine being driven by so many morons in hearth ??
we love the car and mechanic we pay attention to it how we drive it how we push it we respect it, but not everyone does it unfortunately and then they send letters with lawyers against Maserati

that's all difficult

When I see, that a lady had a few millions just because she sue Macdonals because of her COFFE was HOT and burn her lips, because was not written anywhere that the coffe is HOT.
with such morons.. imagine in a car.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Looking sharp.

Surprised FCA would update the 2019 model year AGAIN after a (rather extensive) 2018 refresh.
2018 received a revised front bumper, completely new (chrome) grille, electric power steering (no more hydraulic), and a bunch of other improvements.

The new shifter sounds like it's amazing to use. However, to me, it looks LESS sporty (too tall). Still prefer it over the 2018s though.
Overall, I'm satisfied with my 2018.

The 21'' Titano wheels look great, but don't have all-season tires available.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
I had some Ghibli owners telling me the same that the shift knob looks too high etc, but they also said that they never tried the new one
And for me that I had both, small on my previous 2017 ghibli and now the new one, for me the new one it is better to use, the finishing it is awesome, the filling too, all aluminum on the sides the rear button how it moves etc, I really love it.
I don't know Chrysler cars or whatever is, but some people said that the small knob was coming from Chrysler and wasn't acceptable in such a prestige car, I believe Maserati just wanted to erase that problem by installing a brand new shift knob, specially in the 2018 models with all the modifications they had ( 70% ) of 2018 have been change comparing to the 2017, it is a lot of changes.

of course a car it is a personal opinion and personal taste, for me the new shift knob it is the last touch that was missing to such a class car.
I was in a concert, the group playing are friends, and we were in all around 500 people, here in my small town, we were there listening to the guys playing, having some beers, very good weather, and a certain moment, my wife arrives with the Maserati, it comes along the street, we had the full picture, then turns and have to cross through all people to get to a private parking of a friend, I was astonished by such a class and charming car. outstanding, but yes still an expensive car, mine cost me 124500 euro with everything in.

for the wheels, I have the same ones in my previous 2017, I love them, and always with summer tires, I don't drive it on raining days or winter (+- 6 month winter)
so it will be in my garage covered and warm, for half a year at least.

my other 2 cars are for daily, Mercedes CLS 350 and the BMW M550D, for this 2, I have a spare set of wheels with winter tires on it ( obliged here to have winter tires from October till April) 4 season is not acceptable here on winter

·
Administrator
2,410 Posts
, I was astonished by such a class and charming car. outstanding, but yes still an expensive car, mine cost me 124500 euro with everything in.
I don't drive it on raining days or winter (+- 6 month winter) so it will be in my garage covered and warm, for half a year at least.
Really nice car ... the color combination and all your features really makes the car standout.

When I ordered my 2014 as an early adopter the dealers had little incentive to discount and mine was just under $100K US with no B&W sound system ... almost the price of a Quattroporte SQ4. You would think you could get a better deal in Europe since shipping is shorter and currency is Euro to Euro ... must be taxes or mark-up?

I hibernate mine (plugged in with Maserati indoor soft cover) for 3 months ... maybe 4 ... can't imagine 6 months. Since, we have periods of very cold with no snow I need to use a spare set of winter tires/rims otherwise the PZero summer tires don't work properly, (rubber compound gets too hard).

I've been all around Europe for business but never in Luxembourg ... looks like a beautiful area where you live.

Enjoy your new Ghibli while the weather is nice!!! I too have two spares oversize SUV and 5 series BMW for driving in rain and snow:)

·
Registered
79 Posts
When I ordered my 2014 as an early adopter the dealers had little incentive to discount and mine was just under $100K US with no B&W sound system ... almost the price of a Quattroporte SQ4. You would think you could get a better deal in Europe since shipping is shorter and currency is Euro to Euro ... must be taxes or mark-up?
I spend roughly 6 months out of the year in Europe, mainly Switzerland, Germany, and the South of France.

Cars in Europe are priced stupendously high compared to the US, sometimes DOUBLE the price due to higher MSRPs, various VAT (taxes) and regulatory fees. My German friends are always jealous that we Americans can buy a Mercedes/BMW/Audi that's made in Germany for HALF the price they pay in Germany.

For true car enthusiasts, the US is truly heaven. However the quality of the roads/infrastructure.. well, that's another story.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
small video, hope you guys like

unfortunately most of the best shots are missing especially from different outside angles on the car, because I had an issue with the camera, still, I thought to find the shots on the SD card but unfortunately not. Another time.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I push it a bit today, no Kickdown or pedal on the floor, was gentle, and I brought it to 272kmh almost 170mph LEGAL ... as no speed limit highway, then traffic a bit due to a lot of caravans in summer.
and I did a 0-200 and with Premiere Pro you can know exactly at the second and millimeter the time

so my car 430ps 580nm and 2010kg as it is ( real weight of my car as it is) plus 21" wheel and 28-29 degrees outside.

here the results -
0-100kmh 0-60mph -5.1 sec
0-130kmh 0-80mph -7.2 sec
0-160kmh 0-100mph 10sec
0-180kmh 0-112mph 13 sec
0-200kmh 0- 125mph 16.sec

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Bowers & Wilkins problems Seat stitches problem MTC scr

time for a quick review

I have my new car since July 2018 and around 5500km on the clock

and I will go tomorrow to the Garage MASERATI for the 1st time

Problems

1- the 2 medium speakers on the doors ( the ones closed to the hand handle ) are making noise and it becomes worst, they are good to be replaced, right and left, the sound is great and I never really listen in high volume, but still they do a craac craac which is annoying
I hope if they remove the doors panels to put all back in a very good way because I don't have any parasite noise in the car.

2- in the passenger side a stitch is coming out not much but I will do an actual picture or it and put it here

from a old picture and one from tonight with zoom

URL=https://ti1ca.com/67pfaktw-Screenshot-20180926-145047-Gallery-resized-Screenshot_20180926-145047_Gallery_resized.jpg.html]
[/URL]

3- the MTC+ screen, when I have the sun on it, you can see that the rear part of the screen it is dirty, with a kind of many fingerprints in it ( looks like it ) I will do a picture but i need the sun full on it to be see

What you see in those pictures are from INSIDE the secreen not outside ( it is very clean outside no fingerprints at all )

besides that it is like new no scratches no nothing and I pay very attention to it, the MTC+ himself it is incredible it works absolutely 100% i don't loose any favorites or saved numbers address, no phone call disruption nothing really 100% satisfied ( and I had it on my previous MY2017 where i had some issues)

so I hope they can solve this without changing the unit as that unit works perfect

for the moment this is my only problems if we can say that in the car
so i prefer go to the garage just have this issues on their record as soon as possible, because i will stop driving the car soon and will just stay covered in the garage till next year when the weather will be good again

·
Administrator
2,410 Posts
Hopefully they can address your concerns. The seat would be my biggest concern if it got worse. I had similar seat problem in my older car and 10 years later it still was fine.

The speakers should be easy for dealer to replace. The panels come off and on without concern for more rattles.

Car does look great!! Sad it will sit so long over winter, but know you want to keep it looking new. Expect you will use a trickle charger to keep the battery in good condition? I keep my car in the garage from December-March with trickle charger on battery ... starts right up.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I've been today in Maserati garage INTINI ( www.INTINI.lu )

The service is always at the best, very kind people, they took pictures of the problems, and a small movie, as they have to send every problem to Maserati main office, in Luxembourg at least they need to be reported to the main office in Modena, also when they saw my TMC+ there was no surprise, I am not the only one, they said, we know about and we will fix it
concerning the speakers specially Bower & Wilkins it is very rare, of course, they will replace it
for the seat, it may happen that they will replace all the seat, even if it is a few stitches coming out.

I have a rendezvous for the 15 October, it is a 2-day work and they will give me another car during that time.

Now for all with a MY2018 and MY2019 be aware that there is a new UPDATE software for all car ( including ECU) it is taken by the warranty, they will do mine also the 15th.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts