Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Hopefully they can address your concerns. The seat would be my biggest concern if it got worse. I had similar seat problem in my older car and 10 years later it still was fine.

The speakers should be easy for dealer to replace. The panels come off and on without concern for more rattles.

Car does look great!! Sad it will sit so long over winter, but know you want to keep it looking new. Expect you will use a trickle charger to keep the battery in good condition? I keep my car in the garage from December-March with trickle charger on battery ... starts right up.
Yes i have the Maserati charger it came in my car, gift, i will connect it

when you leave the car charging for a few weeks months, do you leave the trunk a bit open? or closed?
I have also the gibli cover, I will put it over ( Indoor cover)

·
Super Moderator
2,144 Posts
I also use the soft indoor cover ... it works very well and looks nice.
I do take a microfiber towel and fold over cable so I can close the trunk. The cable is thin enough it closes fine with no damage. Many others do the same.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Head Lights

Hello,

Are these the same headlights? Mine (left) is a 2019 SQ4 and yours is the same, but with Gransport trim.. However, the top part of the light/line seems much more flush/smooth than mine..

Also, do you have auto-highbeam? I had that in my 2015 and they didn't include it in the 2019? Weird.

Thanks.

https://ibb.co/ko6RY0

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
no not the same headlights

yours have not LED Matrix just HID, mine have LED Matrix

yes there is more then automatic high beam, the MATRIX creates a square without light ( a black spot) on cars arriving or in front of you while you are at high Beams, and the black square moves and track the car in front of you, if the car in front of you drives a bite left and right and left .. the black scare follows it.

here a small video I did in my car, but there are many other situations where you see it much better, and incredible in highways that system to

·
Registered
127 Posts
I wonder if the matrix headlights are present but deactivated via software. I understand in Canada, Transport Canada has now allowed the matrix.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
you can Deactivate/Activate via the MTC+ or Put ON-OFF with the leaver next to the steering wheel

and of course, can be deactivated completely by Maserati Garage. as the system can work fine just on LED without Matrix

Matrix just work on LED

there is a row of 4 LEDs plus one for driving that matrix operates, in very different scenarios and weather conditions

Exactly same as Audi besides the night camera system.

here a system that shows more in detail what Matrix does - same as Ghibli

·
Super Moderator
2,144 Posts
Dec 1st my Ghibli goes into Hibernation for 3-months. You can see the cover has held up over 4 years ... few wrinkles but works nicely. Maserati charger keeps battery in perfect condition so it easily starts in spring.
Since, roads are messy with winter gravel, salt and chemicals no need to drive the car even though it has winter Sotto 3 tires on spare rims ... plus I get an insurance discount.
After hibernation, I'll take for my annual service to start out fresh.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,144 Posts
in your picture you have a paper under the front of the car, does it has oil leaks?
No oil leak, (or any fluid). I put these cardboard pieces under to monitor leaks ... it's just me and easier to see.
Car has held out really well ... hard to believe it was built December 2013 ... and now 2019's are out!!!

This is the car outside today with winter rims/Pirelli Sotto 3 ... I have one more month of driving before hibernation. I use Gtechniq inside and out which has kept it looking like new. I use a special coating for the tires, (Black Pearl), that bonds to the rubber and keeps them black for 6-months and dry to touch, (not oily).

Attachments

Reactions: FormulaDynamics

·
Super Moderator
2,144 Posts
The car Looks really great, thanks for the tips

what is the mileage today?
13,500 miles, (21,700 km) ... office is close to my house and only use on nice days or road trips.

One other thing I did was coat the Calipers with Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armour to keep them looking bright / shiny.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts