Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first ghibli maintenance was crazy. The bill came out to be $3600 with both front rotor change and all wheel break pads were changed and 12,500 k maintenance. i only had the car for 6 months. i drove the **** out of the car and now i have slow down

·
Super Moderator
1,954 Posts
That seems VERY expensive!!!
The first maintenance shouldn't be more than $500.

Maserati tends to really charge a lot for brake work. You can buy the OEM pads for <$500 and they are quick change ... and can be done at a non Maserati service center.

I'm surprised you wore into the rotors ... you didn't have any wear indicator / dash light come on to alert you to the pad condition ... which probably ruined the rotors?

The pads will wear in 5-6k if your really hard ... so better change the pads more frequently if you want to have that much fun versus the rotors.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
The rotors seem to groove fairly easily, more so than any other car I have ever had. Dealer told me the same but I pulled them and looked at them, they were fine. I have a set of brand new fronts for my car that I can change out eventually but just the parts (rotors and pads) were about $900 (bought aftermarket pads).

That seems VERY expensive!!!
The first maintenance shouldn't be more than $500.

Maserati tends to really charge a lot for brake work. You can buy the OEM pads for <$500 and they are quick change ... and can be done at a non Maserati service center.

I'm surprised you wore into the rotors ... you didn't have any wear indicator / dash light come on to alert you to the pad condition ... which probably ruined the rotors?

The pads will wear in 5-6k if your really hard ... so better change the pads more frequently if you want to have that much fun versus the rotors.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Have you seen the exchanged parts? Are they really down to minimum?
Perhaps they exchanged the brake stuff because of the squealing. But this should be a warranty case..but someone in the back office charged it.

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
minimum specs for the rotors should be as follows:

Base <26mm
SQ4 <30mm

with 25k miles on my car im still only halfway there. extrapolate these numbers and my estimate is front rotors should last to approximately 50k miles under normal driving conditions.

the front OE brembo pads can be purchased for under $400 OR OEM pads for under $300

then do a simple pad swap in 30 minutes with zero previous knowledge. if you can remove the wheel, you can most def change the pads, you need nail punch and socket depending on which model car you have.. anyone who needs a hand doing the pad change, send me a PM.

sad to say this, but the OP got hosed big time. your total cost should have been under $400, instead you paid $4k... OUCH!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, I'm in need to perform the second maintenance of the car at 25k. I bought the car from the dealership right after the first maintenance was done. I know I will need new pads, and was wondering if anyone can guide me to where I can buy the aftermarket pads that are cheaper than the ones at dealer. Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hey guys, I'm in need to perform the second maintenance of the car at 25k. I bought the car from the dealership right after the first maintenance was done. I know I will need new pads, and was wondering if anyone can guide me to where I can buy the aftermarket pads that are cheaper than the ones at dealer. Thanks in advance!!!
Send a PM to MRPA1999 (see the post above yours), he had a set for sale a short time ago.

·
Registered
311 Posts
My first ghibli maintenance was crazy. The bill came out to be $3600 with both front rotor change and all wheel break pads were changed and 12,500 k maintenance. i only had the car for 6 months. i drove the **** out of the car and now i have slow down
For what it's worth I had my second maintenance done at 40,000km
Oil change + oil filter
Pollen filter
Front brake pads
Rear brake pads
Rear brake rotor

for 2515EUR (ie 2744USD)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dam i have less that $2000 miles left for my second maintenance. I am prepared for my bill haha! does anyone know how much was their second maintenance cost?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts