Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there, i've just placed a build order (Jan build / Feb delivery) and put some deposit. Given that I am told I have only a few days to change my build, it would be very helpful if i can get any thoughts/suggestions on my build.

Exterior: Blue Emozione
Interior: Cuoio (tan)
Extended Leather (Dashboard & Door Armrests)
19” Proteo wheel
Red brake calipers
High gloss Ebono wood trim
Sports package
Premium sound system (10speakers 600 watt)
Maintenance program

Q1: any thoughts on getting luxury package instead of extended leather?
Q2: any thoughts on adding premium pacakge?
Q3: do you think red calipers on a blue ghibli doesn't look like "too much"?
I want a nice contrast but shouldn't be "too much"
Q4: any other changes/add to my build?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Q1 Yes I am going for the luxury package as it seems to cover more extended leather on the doors etc but not on the dash which as I am going for the beige colour (I forget the name) would give unnecessary reflections in the windscreeen.

Q3 No I do not think it looks "too much".

·
Registered
277 Posts
the luxury and premium package are really up to you. if the features is something you feel like you can use go for it

red calipers? not a huge fan personally but i guess it prevents rust so there is that benefit

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks guys. I've just got a call from my rep. She said I have to get premium package as it seems like a "pre-production" (still cant understand because it is Jan build), and extended leather option is not available so that i should choose luxury package to get the extended leather (dashboard & armrests).

I wanted to go light on options but I feel now like i got hooked by "65k Maserati ad". my MSRP is now around $90k. honestly still happy, though. can't wait I should have lots of pain waiting for the delivery over the next 5 months. watching ghibli video every night before i go to bed.:D

BTW, when are you guys' build dates and order dates?

·
Registered
852 Posts
I plan on getting red calipers and a red interior with the blue! Given the exotic nature of the car I do not think it is too much. You can build luxury or sport personality. Enjoy

·
Registered
71 Posts
sport package which is must in my opinion because it lowers the car a bit comes with red calipers and I dont think you can change that (could be wrong)

·
Registered
348 Posts
I don't think the sport package comes with red calipers, I thought that was a separate option.
There is some confusion on the sport package as the Maserati Configuration tool on the website says sport package includes; Paddles, Inox Sport Pedals, Sport Suspension, 19" Proteo Wheels, and Red Brakes) whereas the order sheet from the dealers dated August 5th has minus the wheels and brakes. I've contact Maserati NA to get clarity on this before my order is finalized and they said you are right, that is confusing and will get back to me. Until then, my order is on hold; January build and Feb delivery.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Thanks guys. I've just got a call from my rep. She said I have to get premium package as it seems like a "pre-production" (still cant understand because it is Jan build), and extended leather option is not available so that i should choose luxury package to get the extended leather (dashboard & armrests).

I wanted to go light on options but I feel now like i got hooked by "65k Maserati ad". my MSRP is now around $90k. honestly still happy, though. can't wait I should have lots of pain waiting for the delivery over the next 5 months. watching ghibli video every night before i go to bed.:D

BTW, when are you guys' build dates and order dates?
Extended leather is just armrests and doors I believe. Leather dash is standard. Can anyone answer with 100% certainty?

·
Registered
852 Posts
Extended Leather is armrests and dashboard. Any of the two tone interiors requires either the Luxury Package or the Luxury Package W Ventilated Seats. Both the Luxury packages include extended leather of course! I am going all in and getting ventilated something I always wanted so might as well get it on my Maserati!! Oh Yeah you get velour carpets with Luxury Package..............Sweet!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Extended Leather is armrests and dashboard. Any of the two tone interiors requires either the Luxury Package or the Luxury Package W Ventilated Seats. Both the Luxury packages include extended leather of course! I am going all in and getting ventilated something I always wanted so might as well get it on my Maserati!! Oh Yeah you get velour carpets with Luxury Package..............Sweet!
Two tone interior DOES NOT require the Luxury Package. Not sure if your dealer is telling you that, but it is absolutely not true. See the link below for an example of a two tone car without the luxury package.
2014 MASERATI GHIBLI S Q4 | ZAM57RTA6E1080251 | Criswell Maserati 888-292-4514

There is a lot of confusion amongst the dealers. I spoke with Maserati North America on Monday and shared examples of conflicting data between dealers, price list and website. After pointing this out they said you are right and apologized. They were extremely nice about it and said they would follow up with me; which they haven't so far, but the fact that Maserati has a lack of control over this is extremely frustrating.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Actually we are both correct and I need to be more specific. Two tone or Bi-Color Dashboard where second color (usually lighter) leather is on the arm rests and dash which the car you noted does not have, but can be ordered in Nero/Cuoio with only extended leather. See page 8 or the ordering guide where the Marrone, Rosso and blu are only available in premium leather, which can includes extended leather and available two tone. I am getting blue emozione and the nero/rosso interior which, therefore does require Premium Leather. I appears to me that they are not making standard leather in Rosso, Marrone or Blu. Message me and I will send you the ordering guide. There are at least two Bi-Color Dashboards available Nero/Cuoio and Nero/Rosso (see the Ghibli brochure page 28). I was originally thinking of the blu Bi-Color interior which is not documented but is available?? Saw it in a QP at the dealer and was told it was available but it is a very dark blue and almost indistinguishable from the black. The good news is that Cuoio is a very popular color and it is available in standard leather with extended leather so many can save a few bucks!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Actually we are both correct and I need to be more specific. Two tone or Bi-Color Dashboard where second color (usually lighter) leather is on the arm rests and dash which the car you noted does not have, but can be ordered in Nero/Cuoio with only extended leather. See page 8 or the ordering guide where the Marrone, Rosso and blu are only available in premium leather, which can includes extended leather and available two tone. I am getting blue emozione and the nero/rosso interior which, therefore does require Premium Leather. I appears to me that they are not making standard leather in Rosso, Marrone or Blu. Message me and I will send you the ordering guide. There are at least two Bi-Color Dashboards available Nero/Cuoio and Nero/Rosso (see the Ghibli brochure page 28). I was originally thinking of the blu Bi-Color interior which is not documented but is available?? Saw it in a QP at the dealer and was told it was available but it is a very dark blue and almost indistinguishable from the black. The good news is that Cuoio is a very popular color and it is available in standard leather with extended leather so many can save a few bucks!
I think I understand what you are saying. I have the brochure and am on page 28. The ordering guide I have only is 4 pages, i'll message you so you can send me what you have…interested to see it. I'm getting Blu Passione with Sabbia seats and nero upper/lower dash which I know doesn't require the extended leather or premium leather; although I may go with that regardless.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Yes the brochure can be downloaded from the internet. There was also an ordering guide issued and a recommended build guide.......guess your sales guys are not into pre sales communication and getting you all riled up!!Message me and I will send them to you. Anderson you should be good to go just emailed you all docs.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Yes the brochure can be downloaded from the internet. There was also an ordering guide issued and a recommended build guide.......guess your sales guys are not into pre sales communication and getting you all riled up!!Message me and I will send them to you. Anderson you should be good to go just emailed you all docs.
Thanks a ton! Very much appreciate it. I had 3 out of the 4 docs but didn't have the Ghibli Ordering Guide.

Here's the issue I have right now with my order. The price sheet (dated Aug 5th) has a sport package but doesn't include the 19", 20" or 21" packages. My dealer doesn't seem to know the pricing on it. I called Maserati NA and they said the sport package is $1390 and includes the 19", extended leather and red brake calipers but the 20" or 21" are upgrades. This can't be right. $1390 can't include wheels, brakes, extended leather, suspension, paddles, etc. What is your dealer saying about this?

·
Registered
852 Posts
No way for $1,390 BTW my salesmen was misled by a Maserati Rep on the availability of all season tires which is not correct. Sounds like no one knows. Bet the Plant Manager in Italy knows...............any one speak Italian??? Maybe we should see if there is an update to the pricing sheets. I will ask my salesmen?

·
Registered
348 Posts
No way for $1,390 BTW my salesmen was misled by a Maserati Rep on the availability of all season tires which is not correct. Sounds like no one knows. Bet the Plant Manager in Italy knows...............any one speak Italian??? Maybe we should see if there is an update to the pricing sheets. I will ask my salesmen?
That's what I said to the rep at Maserati North America and she said that's what the VP of Sales Maserati NA told her. Too good to sound true. My dealer said that isn't what he's been told and that the $1390 only includes the shift paddles, sport suspension and inox sport pedals, but again, as you can see on the pricing sheet, this is from august 5th. Since that time, Maserati has changed the configurator on the website and although there is no price, they are saying the sports package now includes extended leather, red brakes, and 19" wheels. Your ordering guide confirms the base sports package includes these items. The price sheet says $1390 and apparently there is no update. I have never see so much confusion when ordering car.

·
Registered
852 Posts
too big. PM me or download from Maserati.com If you want the ordering guide, the recommended build guide or price sheets, let me know as they are not available except through dealers as far as I know.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts