Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Looks unique but far too flashy/gaudy for my taste.
I prefer to stay low key and keep things looking stock.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks unique but far too flashy/gaudy for my taste.
I prefer to stay low key and keep things looking stock.
I think you mean “far too AWESOME”, amirite?! 😉

Nah, I get totally get what you mean man. I’ve had a Lexus, an Audi, 2 BMWs (1 an M), and 2 Mercedes (1 an AMG), but none felt special/unique enough on the road. I see dozens of each brand every day on the road. Got this Italian fella to have something different, and while at first I was just going to do some minor changes (de-chroming and that’s about it), I figured that since I bought this thing to have fun and be different, I might as well have some fun and make it different.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Personally, I have no problems at all if you wanna stand out in the crowd or you want the understated look. For me, it is the latter of the two, but at the same time I love this about cars, you make it the way 'you' want it. I have no problems with the changes you made to the car and I think it looks like a cool Ghibli. Glad you are enjoying being playful with the car. They are the only real toys we can have fun with so do what makes you happy, it was your $100000 that bought it lol!

On a separate note, I need to know how you changed the colour of the trident at the front. PM me :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Personally, I have no problems at all if you wanna stand out in the crowd or you want the understated look. For me, it is the latter of the two, but at the same time I love this about cars, you make it the way 'you' want it. I have no problems with the changes you made to the car and I think it looks like a cool Ghibli. Glad you are enjoying being playful with the car. They are the only real toys we can have fun with so do what makes you happy, it was your $100000 that bought it lol!

On a separate note, I need to know how you changed the colour of the trident at the front. PM me /forum/images/GhibliForum_2014/smilies/tango_face_smile.png
PM sent!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Car looks unique - nice job. Door handles wrapped black would have been a nice extra touch as well.
That was an idea, but the shop doing it said they thought having them wrapped the same color as the body would help the “directional flow”. I tend to agree, but could always see what they look like in black later on as well.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you guys are so lucky.. around here we just get a pokemon thing in our cereal box
Hmm, depending on the Pokémon level received you guys may still be coming out ahead there.

According to the shop, they covered the entire “radar badge” in translucent black, and then used a plotter to cut out the precise dimensions of the trident, and applied from there. This led to it all being smooth/seamless. Similar process with the wheel caps.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
that's an incredible work

I have to say that I watched all your pictures and I've rarely seen such a great paintwork, liking the painting color or not that's up to anyone but the work it is phenomenal.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
that's an incredible work

I have to say that I watched all your pictures and I've rarely seen such a great paintwork, liking the painting color or not that's up to anyone but the work it is phenomenal.
Thanks man, and just saw the pics of yours. It’s outstanding. Jealous of the 21’s AND the new shifter!

Mine is currently in another shop getting an ECU tune. Looking forward to the results.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
how much HP you will get ?

not a problem with the warranty?
He says we should be able to get around 100. Will update with results. Especially excited about eliminating turbo lag from 0.

The shop I’m going to is local so it’s easy to have the ECU reflashed at any time before needing any potential warranty work done.

·
Registered
324 Posts
He says we should be able to get around 100. Will update with results. Especially excited about eliminating turbo lag from 0.

The shop I’m going to is local so it’s easy to have the ECU reflashed at any time before needing any potential warranty work done.
I do not believe an ECU flash eliminates the record of the tune being done. If their is a major engine problem and they look at the history you do risk Maserati blaming the tune whether you reflashed it or not. Since you are changing their recommended tune you would need to show the tune didn't cause the issue. It is why people have tried the plug ins instead, since it doesn't change the original tune.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts