Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I do not believe an ECU flash eliminates the record of the tune being done. If their is a major engine problem and hey look at the history you do risk Maserati blaming the tune whether you reflashed it or not. Since you are changing their recommended tune you would need to show the tune didn't cause the issue. It is why people have tried the plug ins instead, since it doesn't change the original tune.
My tuner just called to give an update on everything, and I brought this up to him. He said in most tunes you are right, which is why he bypasses a few things to avoid it from appearing. Apologies for not having more specific description of what he is specifically bypassing. He was talking quickly and throwing around a lot of terminology.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
if its like in Mercedes it is a bit problematic

you can Thune the ECU and the original parameters are saved, in case of a problem, they can just reverse and put all original parameters on the ECU.
the only thing the ECU himself record the number of times that is accessed, and besides just replace it by a brand new ECU there is no way to delete that
also if the mechanic check the VIN number of the ECU and compare to the VIN of the ECU that comes from factory and it is different this is also a problem

here in Europe many got caught and lost warranty in their brand new cars, most AMGs

I have my ECU remapped in my CLS but the car is out of warranty anyway

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
if its like in Mercedes it is a bit problematic

you can Thune the ECU and the original parameters are saved, in case of a problem, they can just reverse and put all original parameters on the ECU.
the only thing the ECU him self-record is the number of times that is accessed, and besides just replace it by a brand new ECU there is no way to delete that
also if the mechanic check the VIN number of the ECU and compare to the VIN of the ECU that comes from factory and it is different this is also a problem

here in Europe many got caught and lost warranty in their brand new cars, most AMGs

I have my ECU remapped in my CLS but the car is out of warranty anyway
Looks like if mine was a pre-refresh Ghibli they’d be able to bypass everything pretty easily and show no record of a change, but with it being an ‘18 and a new/different ECU, there are a few issues. My guy has spoken with a few other tuners (Enzo being one of them), and he said he’d be back with me by morning while they try to figure it out. I guess worst case I’ll be potentially risking the warranty coverage. Keep you guys posted.

Apologies, this thread turned from “Exterior” category-appropriate to “Engine and Technical Discussion”!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Wow, that's a bold color! Is that a chrome wrap? Personally too bold for me, but if you like it, to each his own, as they say.

I'd suggest you also tint the rear tail lights with a fairly to very dark tint. The red doesn't go with whatever shade you call that in my opinion. I personally would also have gone with the black door handles especially since you blacked out the wheels.

You definitely got some nice angles of the car on your pics though, good work!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Wow, that's a bold color! Is that a chrome wrap? Personally too bold for me, but if you like it, to each his own, as they say.

I'd suggest you also tint the rear tail lights with a fairly to very dark tint. The red doesn't go with whatever shade you call that in my opinion. I personally would also have gone with the black door handles especially since you blacked out the wheels.

You definitely got some nice angles of the car on your pics though, good work!
The tail lights are tinted/smoked around the perimeter. Didn’t want to go fully black. I like the flow of the body color on the door handles. Works with the directional color-changing wrap.

Not a chrome wrap, technically gloss metallic. It’s Avery Dennison Rising Sun in gloss. Might be better to post a video of it rather than just still pictures, since the pics don’t always show how the look can change depending on how it hits the light.

Here’s a video of an S3 with the Rising Sun. I think the Ghibli’s lines lend themselves to it much better than the boxy Audi, but it gives you an idea. Will try to get a video of my car up in a bit as well.

https://vimeo.com/224603643

21 - 25 of 25 Posts