Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the other day I was cleaning my 2017 Ghibli SQ4 and in the glove box on the lower left side of the dashboard (the one to the left of the steering wheel on the drivers side). I found a switch that is factory installed and when I switch it all the lights go on on the dashboard (ABS, Brake, etc....). It does not appear to affect whether the vehicle starts or runs.

I have looked in the manual and online and can find nothing on this switch, does anyone know why this switch exists and what is its purpose?

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Ghibli SQ4
211 Posts
You aroused my curiosity and I checked my 2018. Just an empty box (except for my 9mm when I travel). It's as if someone installed it to be able to switch off the error lights. Did you buy the vehicle new or used? If new, I am totally baffled. If used, I have suspicions. But maybe someone with a 2017 knows the secret.

·
Administrator
2,703 Posts
The push button switch on right side of storage compartment?.

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive lighting

·
Registered
275 Posts
Dealer installed switch to rob customers?! haha No clue. My '14 does not have any switches in that compartment.

·
Administrator
2,703 Posts
Not in my car. It appears aftermarket. I wonder if there is any extraneous wiring in engine compartment. As a guess, the lights coming on might indicate it's missing the aftermarket module to complete the loop.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts