Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I had some paint work done on my car, the nav was accurate.
I got my car back and now it's all crazy :)
The cursor moves while driving but the map position is all off, big time. Like it's moved over a few hundred ft on the map.

The painter said he didn't mess with that.

What could it be.I tried searching for previous posts on google.

Thanx.

·
Super Moderator
2,019 Posts
Did you try to update the navigation system software. You can do software updates yourself for free with a properly formatted USB. I also used the Chrysler group HERE site to purchase updated maps ... about 50% less than having the Maserati dealer install.

There is a thread on this forum to compete this action. The workaround is to use a 2014 Chrysler 300 UCONNECT update. It will ask for your Nav system unit ID.

This shows you how to get the ID, (don't use for updating maps):

This provides the link to the Chrysler group HERE maps/software updates.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hi Chrislynn5, have you tried just to disconnect the battery? To let the unit discharge completely.

I've have the problem once before on another car and it resolved the problem.

CAREFUL open drivers window a little bit if you disconnect the battery, so that even with battey off, you can get in the car if not glass stays stuck up in the seal.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I disconnect the battery will the alarm or anything adversely occur on these cars? My lotus I need to perform a procedure....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you try to update the navigation system software. You can do software updates yourself for free with a properly formatted USB. I also used the Chrysler group HERE site to purchase updated maps ... about 50% less than having the Maserati dealer install.

There is a thread on this forum to compete this action. The workaround is to use a 2014 Chrysler 300 UCONNECT update. It will ask for your Nav system unit ID.

I'll give it a try tomorrow, as I saw it was still 2014 Nav maps :(

·
Registered
380 Posts
If I disconnect the battery will the alarm or anything adversely occur on these cars? My lotus I need to perform a procedure....
I have a 2017, and the battery re-initialization type of procedure is in the MTC+, I believe older models have a DVD.

I did not have to reset anything, apart from the electric boot, when I disconnected the battery on mine.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Who has got this to work?
I followed your instructions, types in my unit ID (10 digits) but get:
We are unable to determine the Model Year of your navigation unit. Please email our contact center by clicking here, so that we can escalate this issue to our technical team. Please provide your Unit ID, VIN, Make, Model and Year within your email.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Who has got this to work?
I followed your instructions, types in my unit ID (10 digits) but get:
We are unable to determine the Model Year of your navigation unit. Please email our contact center by clicking here, so that we can escalate this issue to our technical team. Please provide your Unit ID, VIN, Make, Model and Year within your email.
Ok, I found another post that stated to USE the Garmin site and update (you said don't?). I did that and it appears to have updated my maps to the latest level, for free! It took about 15 mins to update.
But my Nav still thinks I'm somewhere I am not. :( Hopefully will get into the dealer next week. Thanx!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was about to disconnect the battery today when I stumbled on another post in which it said that the car could go into some sort of lock mode that would require a code, which I don't have. Too much trouble, I'll try to get it into the dealer this week. Thanx.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was about to disconnect the battery today when I stumbled on another post in which it said that the car could go into some sort of lock mode that would require a code, which I don't have. Too much trouble, I'll try to get it into the dealer this week. Thanx.
The dealer said I could just disconnect it. By removing the ground for a minute or so. It didn't seem to hard reboot the system as all settings were still set. Nav still way off :( Ideas? Better procedure out there maybe...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The dealer said I could just disconnect it. By removing the ground for a minute or so. It didn't seem to hard reboot the system as all settings were still set. Nav still way off :( Ideas? Better procedure out there maybe...
I tried looking this up on the DVD, but found it quite difficult to find. The DVD in theory is a good idea, their implemention is lacking big time....:(

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My car goes into the dealer on Friday, they said it might take them a while to find the issue. I hear $$$$.
Which sucks as prior to my paint work, it worked perfectly. But that area wasn't touched (assuming this is the fin on top of the car). I can't claim it was my painter.
I can't figure out why the care moves on the map fine, the speed is correct, the starting location is not correct. So the arrow floats all over the map.
I've updated the map. I've disconnected the car (ground) for a couple minutes. No change :(

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
what is weird is that when I reconnected my battery my maintenance light came on and the interval between maintenance is now Distance 0 mi, Days 0. with a nasty Routine Maintenance overdue. <--- ignore
It was before: 9945 mi, 92 days.
Why did that change?

I just noticed the date is off :) I'll try fixing that.

·
Super Moderator
2,019 Posts
Ok, I found another post that stated to USE the Garmin site and update (you said don't?). I did that and it appears to have updated my maps to the latest level, for free! It took about 15 mins to update.
But my Nav still thinks I'm somewhere I am not. :( Hopefully will get into the dealer next week. Thanx!
The Garmin site updated your Nav equipment software (free) ... the map data are unchanged.
Map data requires payment ... This was my update confirmation from last year. Hopefully the dealer gets you squared away. If they want to update the maps, you might consider doing it yourself for less than half the cost. Price below (plus your state tax).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yep ur correct, just updated the map software. When I try ur suggestion on the Chrysler 300, after typing in my unit number I get that message contact Chrysler? Am I missing Something? Thanx again

·
Super Moderator
2,019 Posts
Yep ur correct, just updated the map software. When I try ur suggestion on the Chrysler 300, after typing in my unit number I get that message contact Chrysler? Am I missing Something? Thanx again
I just tried and got what you mentioned to contact service center. I've updated mine multiple times this way ... lastly March 2019 with no issues. Maybe they read these forums and Maserati service is complaining they are missing a revenue stream. We do have the Chrysler Uconnect in our vehicles ... after one year of service my NAV screen recommended to update my Chrysler UConnect maps (which I had a chuckle).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just tried and got what you mentioned to contact service center. I've updated mine multiple times this way ... lastly March 2019 with no issues. Maybe they read these forums and Maserati service is complaining they are missing a revenue stream. We do have the Chrysler Uconnect in our vehicles ... after one year of service my NAV screen recommended to update my Chrysler UConnect maps (which I had a chuckle).
I wonder what they would say if I called them :) Are there any more Nav map places to get them?

·
Super Moderator
2,019 Posts
If you, (or someone you know), knows how to do it, you can generate an "unlock code" for the Ghibli NAV maps to use free Torrent updated maps. Several on this forum were successful, (you can search on this forum for the threads). I didn't want to take a chance since not my strength so did the Chrysler 300 route ... sadly when you buy from HERE, (Chrysler or Maserati Dealer), you get an older map than using the free shareware data. I suspect it would be a 2019 map at best, while the 2020 updates are out.

I would be tempted to call, give them your unit ID from a 2014 Chrysler 300 ... your at work and car is at home if they ask for VIN ... can't hurt. On my invoice the radio ID is listed as my VIN for Chrysler 300. What I don't know is if they started to code to VIN and unit versus just unit or they now recognize Maserati assigned unit numbers. I never provided my VIN. Otherwise it's easy to find a 2014 Chrysler 300 VIN.

My Infiniti SUV requires both VIN and Unit ID from the HERE site ... and a ridiculous 5 discs and several hours to update

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well tomorrow it's going in to the local Maserati dealer. The Nav now says 'Searching for Satellites'.....
Maybe it's an issue with the antenna? Has anyone here played around with the antenna. Can it be disconnected and checked. I assume it's the top fin on the roof. My lotus though was in the dash.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts