Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,019 Posts
The MY14 antenna should have been replaced with service campaign 261 ... problems with poor reception. Mine was replaced during a routine annual service in 2015.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Before I had some paint work done on my car, the nav was accurate.
I got my car back and now it's all crazy :)
The cursor moves while driving but the map position is all off, big time. Like it's moved over a few hundred ft on the map.

The painter said he didn't mess with that.

What could it be.I tried searching for previous posts on google.

Thanx.
Hello chrislynn5, not sure if you already took your vehicle to the dealer, but here some instruction, as how to check if you nav had been placed into simulator mode. If it has, your vehicle will move within the map even if the vehicle is not moving. simulating driving or hovering in the map as if it is moving, while the vehicle is stop.
follow this and check if that feature is off. if it is on, turn it off and save it to go back to regular mode.
hope this can help.
1-turn your system on
2-select nav.
3-go to settings
4-select system
5-confirm GPS Simulator is off
If is is "ON", click on it and turn it "OFF", save it, and exit the screen
this should take your nav back to regular mode.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
My car is still with the dealer :(, they said they were troubleshooting my oil gauge issue and the Nav. They've had it for 2 weeks (though there were two holidays during that time). I would have thought that diagnostics would have been easier then this... This is my first Maserati, but my Lotus, etc. was easier to service.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
well, the nav fin was no longer working. So I had to replace it. ~$845. I would have bought it and done myself but i didn't want to mess with the headliner removal etc.as that appears to be quite some work.

The good news is the Chrysler site is working again for map updates, I'm waiting for my 2019 maps as the dealer wanted ~$612... On the site $160 with shipping and tax :)

·
Super Moderator
2,019 Posts
The good news is the Chrysler site is working again for map updates, I'm waiting for my 2019 maps as the dealer wanted ~$612... On the site $160 with shipping and tax :)
That's great to hear you were able to order the maps using the Chrysler vehicle and your Nav unit ... must have been a glitch which didn't recognize the unit. $612 is really high. I paid the dealer $350 the first time than thanks to this forum learned of the Chrysler trick. I was able to easily update mine spring 2019 ... with 2018 maps, (always seems to be one year behind the street data that is in market).

21 - 25 of 25 Posts