Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of buying a Ghibli S Q4 with 20" Urano with summer tires. I'm just wondering how these tires hold up int eh winter and driving int he snow. Does anyone have any experience with driving in the snow with these tires? i'm trying to avoid the whole process of changing tires every season, etc.
Thanks

·
Administrator
2,570 Posts
Yep ... the 20" Pirelli PZero in cold weather and snow DO NOT work. Very poor traction and the compounds in the rubber get brittle, (and could crack when below 45F).
I did the double set of rims/tires ... I'm now running the Sotto 3 on seperate rims for winter ... huge difference starting around 55F

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Need Help/Advice

Thanks for the reply. I am considering asking the dealership to swap out the summer tires for winter tires at the time of making the deal and keeping the winter tires all year round, since i live in the northeast and we barely get three to four months of summer

·
Administrator
2,570 Posts
The Pirelli Sotto 3 winter tires should qualify for approximately a 50% discount through the Maserati dealer through end of year.

We do that for a Jag XKR in central CT.

I also have no problem with the ride using the Sotto 3's in central PA from Oct - April.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey BeerGuy - I just got quoted a pretty good discount for Sotto3 at my dealer for mounting ($200) and TPM ($175) and wondering what rims you needed up with. I have Urano 20 summers and need to get some winter wheels & tires here in NY. Plenty of Vulcano's available on eBay. I like the 19" stock wheels but wondering if there is another non-oem wheel worth considering. Any advice is appreciated - thx.

·
Administrator
2,570 Posts
Hey BeerGuy - I just got quoted a pretty good discount for Sotto3 at my dealer for mounting ($200) and TPM ($175) and wondering what rims you needed up with. I have Urano 20 summers and need to get some winter wheels & tires here in NY. Plenty of Vulcano's available on eBay. I like the 19" stock wheels but wondering if there is another non-oem wheel worth considering. Any advice is appreciated - thx.
RT-6 Wheel - FK Wheels

I have the 20" polished Urano's for summer; And the RT-6 FK in same stagger configuration as stock Urano's for winter and received a lot of compliments on these in gunmetal (my car is grigio mareata). My stock lug nuts worked on the rims.

Reactions: Mangirek

·
Administrator
2,570 Posts
Here is a picture of the RT-6 on the car.

Attachments

Reactions: lucmed and Mangirek

·
Registered
19 Posts
I called Miller Motor Cars in Greenwich CT for my 19' 311.54 fronts $439.04 rears plus $422 to mount and $400 for storage.

I also called Valenti in Hartford Ct they took my info but never called back for a quote

Vs. Town Fair in Ct for $280.75 front $397.75 rear and $49 for all wheel alignment needless to say I with with Town Fair total out of pocket for the Pirelli SottoZero III was $1584.19

·
Administrator
2,570 Posts
Vs. Town Fair in Ct for $280.75 front $397.75 rear and $49 for all wheel alignment needless to say I with with Town Fair total out of pocket for the Pirelli SottoZero III was $1584.19
That's pretty good.

I went with the second set of 20" staggered approach so it costs me $21.20 to switch out each season, (Costco)

$1200 for RT-6 rims + mount / lifetime balance + universal ring + tpms
$1450 for Sotto 3 tires from Maserati dealer (prior to all these promo's:crying:)
=====
$2650 - $100 rebate = $2550 and I store in tire bags/felts in my garage

1 - 9 of 9 Posts