Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Soooo my little happy dream got spoiled the weekend, my car that was supposed to be delivered this week is now delayed for possibly Jan.... who knows maybe that turns to Feb ??

Secondly and the bigger problem... Saturday I was told the 19Inch proteo rims with tires I planned to order extra for winter... which was estimated around 3000 CHF... now turns out to be 7500 CHF !!!! So now my problem is im stuck with the 21" Titano and will have to try out winter tires on them.. This made me really concerned for the snow here in Switzerland until I found this thread...

Feeling a little bit better, my dealer only offers pirelli winter tires since thats special and only for Maserati... whatever... and the stock size of the 21" is
Front 245/35/21 and Rear 285/30/21 and the deal he offers is 4200chf...
this being said I can find the Michelins that are tested in that youtube video for 1800-2100 chf !!! Only snag is size... I will have to go 255/30/21 front and 295/30/21 rear since they dont make the other size....

Thus my dilemma... Does anyone have experience with your Maserati and changing the tires ? All the online calculators says it should be fine - 0.99 % (6mm) difference in the front and 0.85 % (7mm) difference in rear... but my dealer keeps on saying no it will not be possible ??

All help and advice will be greatly appreciated since I lately have a lot more confidence in this forum than my dealer since he has been wrong on all things compared to this forum...

Thanx..holding thumbs:(

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have the same 21" wheels on order here in Canada from my upcoming GhibliQ4. . I ordered the Pirreli tires from a local tire company and not the dealer. $3,000 CAD.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But normally it should be possible to have a different size tire on a rim right ?

Like the 295/30/21 instead of 285/30/21 and 255/35/21 instead of 245/35/21 ?
Normally it is all about the overall tire diameter ? I have done it before on my other cars, but my dealer makes it sound like Maserati is different and it is not possible... maybe just marketing... otherwise will have to try find the pirellis somewhere myself like you did..:confused:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts