Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First please do not suggest a Tune. I do not want void my factory warranty. I live 20 mins away from Eurocharged in Houston and know all about it. I spent a lot of time with them, I know what works and what doesn't. They are very honest and very help full and will be the place I take my car for all of the work I need to get done to it. But they don't sell a piggy back system that does not flag the ECM as an out of network flash. Even a simple bench read will pick up the fact that it has been tuned. Warranty is much more important to me than going fast so I wont do it until its out of warranty.

I have been doing extensive research on the differences between the JB4 and the Race Chip. The fist thing that I "can" find is a lot of information on the JB4 and not much on the race chip. In reading through the support forums for JB4 itself I learned a lot about them. I learned that it is indeed much more flexible than the race chip and it does offer much more options. FOR ME I am not sure I want or need those options. It looks like "I" would only benefit from map 1 or 2. Map 5 requires blending E85 which I will never do. These are the settings I found on the JB4 support site.

Map0: Fully disable JB4
Map1: 4psi peak over stock
Map2: 5psi peak over stock
Map4: Stock map with JB4 CANbus active for logging
Map5: 6psi peak over stock
Map6: User adjustable by RPM map on user adjustment page, values are peak boost over stock by RPM under heavy throttle.

Map 6 is also a no go for me. FYI: I use a Bluetooth device called torque that allows me to do pretty much the same as the JB4, so I don't need the OBD functions and I don't want to fish wires through the firewall. So that's another option I don't need.

I am looking for more of a plug and play, set and forget WITHOUT RUINING MY EXTENDED BUMPER TO BUMPER WARRANY I JUST PURCHASED FOR $4,000!

My big question is does anyone know what the map settings are for the race chip like I posted above for the JB4? I am wondering Is the GTS version more powerful than the RS because it has an option to run e85 like the JB4? The GTS version is not on sale anymore and is 749.00. If what I am seeing on the JB4 is the same on the racechip I may not use whatever extra features it has over the RS.

I was told that stage 1 Eurocharged tune would give me 60hp. This would be verified on the dyno. I would not get any more HP unless I went to stage two and removed the cats and/or switched fuels.
This is also the same number that JB4 claims on map 2 tested on a base model.
This is also the number claimed by Racechip on the RS version.

I am strongly suggesting that they are all deliver around 60hp safely without too much worry of a cell. I have seen numerous problems with ppl running the JB4, map 5 with E30 and I would assume it will be the same with the racechip or a tune that tries to go down that path using E85 blends.

All in all if you have any information on the map setting used on racechip I would sincerely appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have tried race chip on my Audi diesel, and it was a miserable failure. I have not tried it on my Ghibli. Given my past experience I won’t be using them again. Sorry I can’t be of any help. Good luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wouldn't have expected much from an Audi in the first place and as poor performers as the already are I wouldn't expect a piggy back chip to fix any thing on them. You cant turn chicken sh*t into chicken soup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts