Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I test drove a Maserati Ghibli and loved it. However, everyone is telling me that they are incredibly expensive to up-keep. Can you please shine some light into this? 2020 with 21k Miles.
thanks for your time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've had mine (2014 SQ4) for going on seven years and this is one of the best, most fun cars I've ever had and has been surprisingly reliable. Because we bought the very first model there were quite a few recalls at first, all done free, and at the time they didn't have an extended service warranty package, which was nuts but worked out because the car has been a charm. I would buy an extended service warranty package if you get one at a decent price. Cost of service runs us from $400-1300 per service cycle. At 35K miles we've gone through two sets of tires ($1300, the first set cheaper because we bought a tire insurance policy) and full brakes including pads, $2500. We've driven the car cross country from the Midwest to California several times and it handled well through the mountains. I've heard that the new cars are very stable. Hope this helps you decide!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've had my 2015 SQ4 for a couple years with no issues. If you use an independent luxury car mechanic you can save plenty on oil changes. It runs around 600-800 at the dealer but most independents are around $300 or so. These cars are pretty easy to do routine maintenance including brakes and rotors with plenty of in depth videos on YouTube. I do have an extended warranty but have yet to use it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello all, I test drove a Maserati Ghibli and loved it. However, everyone is telling me that they are incredibly expensive to up-keep. Can you please shine some light into this? 2020 with 21k Miles.
thanks for your time.
I just bought a 2015 and the 1st thing I did was purchase an extended warranty through patriot warranty. After all of my researching they seemed to be the most reputable. Not every company will give you a warranty because of how expensive maseratis up keep is but In my state I believe they just passed the Right To Repair Bill which now allows any shop to be able to work on foreign cars this will take the cost of down now that any shop can service

·
Administrator
2,457 Posts
Looks really nice!!! You'll really enjoy your new car Ghibli ... 2020's have lots of updated features compared to the early generation.

Reactions: a415qbn
1 - 7 of 7 Posts