Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

21" Titano Wheels: Leave stock Anthracite or powdercoat gloss black?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys/gals, so as the title says, should I keep my wheels the stock anthracite grey color or should I powdercoat them gloss black? I have a great shop in Brooklyn that I work with that can do them for me. I actually went to drop off the car Monday morning to have the work performed and the guy at the shop talked me out of it. He said he thought they look good as is. So I got nervous and just left! I was wondering what you all thought? Thanks!

Stock:

Reactions: PeB

·
Registered
311 Posts
unless you can provide a picture with the gloss black, i would say keep it stock. It looks fantastic the way it is.
Same as Tommy ... it looks great as it is...

·
Registered
11 Posts
anthracite grey looks better..

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks so much for all the feedback so far guys! Wow Gus those gloss black Uranos look beautiful! The gloss black from Schnippy's gallery look incredible as well (I borrowed this picture for you guys):

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
unless you can provide a picture with the gloss black, i would say keep it stock. It looks fantastic the way it is.
@masspark99 was nice enough to shoot me a picture of his 21's in gloss black. Here is the picture of his wheels:

Reactions: Mangirek

·
Registered
283 Posts

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Hey guys/gals, so as the title says, should I keep my wheels the stock anthracite grey color or should I powdercoat them gloss black? I have a great shop in Brooklyn that I work with that can do them for me. I actually went to drop off the car Monday morning to have the work performed and the guy at the shop talked me out of it. He said he thought they look good as is. So I got nervous and just left! I was wondering what you all thought? Thanks!

Personally I love black. I would say don't put permanent powder coat on the wheels as it may cause problems for you when it's time to sell your vehicle. All dealers prefer to buy cars with OEM wheels.
I would suggest put plasti dip gloss black coating on the wheels instead and take it off when you no longer wants black or ready to sell. It's very easy to take off and will be much cheaper for you.
Here is a picture of gloss black plasti dip wheel. Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
I would say go matte black to give contast..gloss on gloss is too much. I also have a matte silver CTS-V and went gloss black on the rims and looks fantastic with the contrast. Just a differ thought.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would say go matte black to give contast..gloss on gloss is too much. I also have a matte silver CTS-V and went gloss black on the rims and looks fantastic with the contrast. Just a differ thought.
That's a thought also! I had gloss black on my metallic black Z4 and it looked pretty great. (But that matte silver must look incredible)!.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I like the stock, however if you're looking for individuality then the Matt black is the way to go.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Okay fellas, I hate to do this but at the expense of possibly disappointing the thirteen people who said to stay stock, the mod itch came and I had to scratch it. Only four people may like this so I'm prepared for some negative feedback. They really did come out amazing and the car looks incredibly menacing now. Here's a quick teaser since I just got the car back and it's already dark out:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Black Chome

I think that's the way to go. Can we get a pic with the Nero Ghibli and the gloss black wheels? Please. Thanks

·
Registered
258 Posts
Okay fellas, I hate to do this but at the expense of possibly disappointing the thirteen people who said to stay stock, the mod itch came and I had to scratch it. Only four people may like this so I'm prepared for some negative feedback. They really did come out amazing and the car looks incredibly menacing now. Here's a quick teaser since I just got the car back and it's already dark out:
Nice!

Now you just need some black bolts or black bolt covers.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
As requested guys & gals, here are some pictures of the final product with the gloss black powdercoated 21 inch Titano wheels. Enjoy!

Reactions: aznwhip
1 - 20 of 25 Posts