Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys & gals,

Just got my wheels in yesterday and spacers in today, although there was an issue with wheel bolt length - which I'll get to in a moment.

Doing silver Neptune's which are 20x8.5 front and 20x10.5 rear, front offset of 3mm off the stock 19s and planning on 13mm front spacers to deal with the 3mm offset plus 10mm further out. The rear is a 13mm offset difference.....but that 13mm is thickness added to the center of the wheel. So the rear wheel and 18mm spacer is 48mm thick 馃槕

Obviously 50mm wheel bolts are a solid no go, but I'm working on sorting that out. Once I get this all sorted out in the next few days, I will post all the sizing information and all the relevant specs.

Now for the fun part lol, the tires. Front will be 265/40/20 Goodyear Eagle Asymmetric 3 which are a pretty solid tire, happy with the ones on the car. Rear will be a 305/35/20 Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar 3.

I asked the dealer to mount the tires today....but the tech decided that since he wasn't handed TPMS sensor that he would not do anything....Anyway, they are to be mounted with new sensors in the morning and I'll get my corrected information on spacers and all that jazz.

Formula Dynamics here in Vegas has longer wheel bolts should I end needing them, but they are "custom forged bolts" per their description and are $19/ea 馃あ Really not in the mood to have to buy 10 of those.

Tomorrow will hopefully be a productive trip, considering it is 3 hours round trip from my house.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fronts are another story.....requires at least a 10mm spacer or it hits the knuckle, sorting that out right now. The wheel bolts that came with the spacers are WAY too short 馃槕

So I'm about to visit Formula Dynamics and go pick up a set of bolts for a lot.

Administrator
Looks good so far!!! Those are nice rims and few have used on the Ghibli. They were my choice for the Maserati GT-S I was considering before Ghibli.
Appreciate you providing the learnings along the way ... helpful.

Reactions: Topless Racing

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
15mm spacers with 70mm wheel bolts for the front
No spacer and 52mm wheel bolts for the rear

That is all that is required to run these wheels with 265/40/20 front & 305/35/20 rear tires. Full turn radius and no rubbing anywhere.

If you run 245/285 tire setup like stock, no front spacer needed - just the 52mm wheel bolts all around.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Bear with the photo quality, but you get the idea at least.

265/40/20 front - 15mm spacer - 70mm wheel bolts
305/35/20 rear - no spacer required - 52mm wheel bolts

Registered
2015 Ghibli Petrol Blu Emozione
They suit the car pretty well! like the position of them... looking at your specs I will be needing spacers if I plan for 245/40/20 (Front) + 285/35/20 (Rear).

Here's mine in its stock setup... need to check the tyre sizes when I get home but they seem to sit well already so might have spacers on.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On those wheels you can run 265/45/19 front and 295/40/19 rear without any spacers needed, I can post pics of those if you like tomorrow.

Registered
On those wheels you can run 265/45/19 front and 295/40/19 rear without any spacers needed, I can post pics of those if you like tomorrow.
Its ok thanks... I'm looking at changing them but trying to work out the sizes that would fit without spacers or modifications... Just can't figure it out.

Registered
Don't suppose you know what specs I can go up to if I replaced them with 20''?

I'm looking at these

Registered
No worries.. thanks for the feedback on my current rims if I decide to keep them.

Registered
They suit the car pretty well! like the position of them... looking at your specs I will be needing spacers if I plan for 245/40/20 (Front) + 285/35/20 (Rear).

Here's mine in its stock setup... need to check the tyre sizes when I get home but they seem to sit well already so might have spacers on.

View attachment 21500

View attachment 21500

View attachment 21500
I was jus curious I bought this 2016 sq4 I put quite a bit of money into it. I had my wheels powder coated . Stock wheels but there 21s . I see alot of people posting about 19s and 20s. But I really never see any one post about 21s. Do you know if these cars came with different size rims? Jus curious

s

View attachment 21500

Registered

View attachment 21500

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was jus curious I bought this 2016 sq4 I put quite a bit of money into it. I had my wheels powder coated . Stock wheels but there 21s . I see alot of people posting about 19s and 20s. But I really never see any one post about 21s. Do you know if these cars came with different size rims? Jus curious View attachment 21506
s
Depending on the country and trim level, it could have 19, 20, or 21 inch wheels factory.

Registered
Hey guys & gals,

Just got my wheels in yesterday and spacers in today, although there was an issue with wheel bolt length - which I'll get to in a moment.

Doing silver Neptune's which are 20x8.5 front and 20x10.5 rear, front offset of 3mm off the stock 19s and planning on 13mm front spacers to deal with the 3mm offset plus 10mm further out. The rear is a 13mm offset difference.....but that 13mm is thickness added to the center of the wheel. So the rear wheel and 18mm spacer is 48mm thick 馃槕

Obviously 50mm wheel bolts are a solid no go, but I'm working on sorting that out. Once I get this all sorted out in the next few days, I will post all the sizing information and all the relevant specs.

Now for the fun part lol, the tires. Front will be 265/40/20 Goodyear Eagle Asymmetric 3 which are a pretty solid tire, happy with the ones on the car. Rear will be a 305/35/20 Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar 3.

I asked the dealer to mount the tires today....but the tech decided that since he wasn't handed TPMS sensor that he would not do anything....Anyway, they are to be mounted with new sensors in the morning and I'll get my corrected information on spacers and all that jazz.

Formula Dynamics here in Vegas has longer wheel bolts should I end needing them, but they are "custom forged bolts" per their description and are $19/ea 馃あ Really not in the mood to have to buy 10 of those.

Tomorrow will hopefully be a productive trip, considering it is 3 hours round trip from my house.
Hi all, what are spacers? Thanks. Gil

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi all, what are spacers? Thanks. Gil
A piece of aluminum that is machined to physically push the wheel out a certain amount of distance, in this case 15 millimeters. That way it will clear any rubbing issues with the inside of the knuckle.

Registered

View attachment 21500
Must be me but I prefer the wheels in this picture.
A piece of aluminum that is machined to physically push the wheel out a certain amount of distance, in this case 15 millimeters. That way it will clear any rubbing issues with the inside of the knuckle.
Thank you, the people on this forum are very kind and informed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts