Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have this combination ? I am a fan of black interior and love the nero ribelle, but have never owned a car that was black/black.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Go for it. I have Grigio Maratea exterior with all black interior, premium leather + black alcantara headliner. The Ghibli is simultaneously elegant and hard-core with all black interior especially with the alcantara. I wouldn't trade it for any other interior configuration, not for a second. In my opinion the two-tone leather trend is tired. It used to be "unique" and "European", but after driving nicely equipped two-tone Audi's for many many years and seeing every other cheap car now offered with two-tone packages and carbon fiber, it feels like time to get off this bus. Plus I just really like the black/black look now.

As for the exterior I like my Grigio Maratea, but I also like Nero Ribelle, love the finish!... I'd trade for Ribelle every other day :) The only downside with the silky black exterior is the lines, curves, and wells all over the car are somewhat lost. Not a big deal. So while Grigio Maratea may not be quite as menacing as the Ribelle, it brings more focus to the beautiful details of the Ghibli's bod. In any respect, a black on black Ghibli is prime!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, that's what I am leaning towards. It's funny you mentioned that rsm, because I also like the red inside, and the sales manager at the dealership said to me " You like it now, but will you like it in a year, where as the black you will always like". My wife thought it was funny he said that since the cars with the red was $4500 more.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I drive a black on black SLK55. Never have had a black car as my ride but surccumed to a great deal. Now I don't know what I was thinking! They are really striking and get noticed!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts