Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone managed to figure out how to put the car into Neutral and the engine off? With the engine on and shifting into Neutral, you can't turn off the engine. And with the engine off, it won't allow you to shift into Neutral.

This is needed, for example, when putting the car through an automated car wash.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Interesting and have not tried it but I would never put this beauty through a automated car wash!! Deserves only hand washing and I have a place 10 minutes from my house! just my opinion of course. What color did you buy?

·
Registered
13 Posts
first, goto settings and turn electronic parking brake auto on to OFF. This way when car is turned off the EPB will not set.
Try putting the car into N with engine off but ACC ON. To do this push start/stop button with foot off the brake. Once the car is in N, press the start/stop button one more time to turn everything off.
I agree with Etodd… hand wash only. Plus the Ghibli has a wide rear tire. Check the inside edge of your LR rim…I bet it is all scraped up.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks but this doesn't seem to work for me. Even with engine off and ACC on, it won't let me shift. I couldn't find the EPB option in settings so maybe that's it?

It's a hand wash place but they have the tracks to guide the car through rinse and air dry.

first, goto settings and turn electronic parking brake auto on to OFF. This way when car is turned off the EPB will not set.
Try putting the car into N with engine off but ACC ON. To do this push start/stop button with foot off the brake. Once the car is in N, press the start/stop button one more time to turn everything off.
I agree with Etodd… hand wash only. Plus the Ghibli has a wide rear tire. Check the inside edge of your LR rim…I bet it is all scraped up.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting and have not tried it but I would never put this beauty through a automated car wash!! Deserves only hand washing and I have a place 10 minutes from my house! just my opinion of course. What color did you buy?
Grigio maratea with sabbia extended leather interior. Beautiful but a pain to keep the interior clean!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts