Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings. Took delivery a few weeks ago - 2014 Ghibli S Q4 / black mica on black / red calipers / 20" rims.

Have had a couple of road trips so far (NH, PHL) and the car drives like a champ.

Replaced my 2001 Mercedes E55 - wanted a daily driver that would work in CT snow and hills, drive fast, and fit three in the back in a pinch. Like that it's stealthy (sort of) until you open it up. Love the sound of the car.

Same issues as everyone else (intermittent Sirius loss of signal in wide open spaces, mechanical rattle at 2,500 rpm in driver-side door) but waiting to get another 500 miles of shake out before taking it in.

Like this site - thumbs up to the sponsors!

·
Registered
480 Posts
MRB
If you have no plans Saturday, July 12, come down to the New Hope Meet and lunch! Flamingwicky is also from Connecticut and is coming down. You two can meet up and make a nice drive to PA. Its fun to drive with another car.;)

We are meeting in New Hope, we have reserved secured Parking and a luncheon planned at 1:30 then a free afternoon to walk around this quaint artsy antiquing town. If you are interested PM me or email me directly at [email protected]

You may read all the posts and details on the Jersey/Pa meet-up in the Car Lounge threads.

I need to know by July 9 for final restaurant numbers. You will meet the other posters on this site and have a great time!:D

steve

·
Registered
863 Posts
Welcome to the forum, MRB and congrats on your recent purchase.. hopefully you will get the utmost driving experience and pleasure from this machine for the times to come.

I am from CT as well. Hopefully will cross paths sometime.

and Steve, i was just in the middle of writing about the meetup and giving your info out to him :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Was in Philly twice this past weekend - enough of the NJ Turnpike for one month. Will watch for next one. Appreciate the personal invite!

Matthew

·
Registered
480 Posts
Ok, next time, but the Turnpike is meant for Mercedes, Bimmers and Audis.;)

A Ghibli is meant to drive the back roads to New Hope!!!!>:D

Steve

·
Administrator
2,521 Posts
MRB - Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new ride ... black mica is a nice choice. At least you can take advantage of the CT shoreline while the weather is nice. When I'm in the area during summer usually ride Route 9 / I-95 area.

·
Registered
852 Posts
welcome congrats and enjoy hope to see you Saturday plus one more Ghibli for our awesome pic to be taken........last time i did something like this was a consumer eval for 540I owners back when...... 20 540's when they were only making 2500 of that model a year for the US! hope to see you there!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts