Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I traded in my 2012 C63 coupe and just received my Ghibli last week. I ordered it from Walnut Creek California because of the configuration. It is:
1. Grigio Metallo
2. Carbon Trim
3. Bowers & Wilkins
4. 20 inch Urano Polished Wheels
5. Premium/Executive Luxury/Sport package
6. Entire front wrapped with X-Pel and working really well. Windshield also protected with Clearplex. No bubbles or streaks whatsoever.

So far, the pros are:
1. Excellent transmission, although it seeks higher RPMs vs. BMW/Mercedes
2. Great sound system, the Bowers in my opinion is worth it. Took some tuning, and loosening it up, but overall very comparable if not better than my HK sound system on my C63
3. Great road feel, tested against Audi S6 before purchase, and although it doesn't have as much feel as my C63, comparatively speaking against the E, 5 series and S6, it's very strong and very tight (which I prefer)
4. Great leather, and had it treated to prevent staining
5. Exhaust - enough said
6. The looks - it's a head turner

The cons are:
1. Very odd rear folding seats, didn't realize the leather strip on the side of the rear seats was also a lever. The manual was not thorough in describing this
2. Some rattles from rear deck - will have it looked at
3. Rattle from left driver door window vent/suction to dash (Overly tight I believe)
4. Some lag, so you need to work it manually via Sport (but overall it's acceptable)
5. Paint - body is great, but bumpers are a tinge darker - compared with others on the lot, and they were the same.
6. Navigation - traffic - still haven't figured this one out yet and a bit lacking in graphics/visual quality

Overall, I am enjoying the car. Had some slight cosmetic issues on the bumper, which I had repaired, and the car drives great. Already put on 300 miles in a week.

So far, my pictures are the dealer photos - a friend of mine who's a professional photog will be doing some new ones up in late May.

Attachments

·
Registered
325 Posts
Nice, thanks for the info... I too am moving across from a C63 (2011) to a Ghibli.... How does the performance rate against the C63 ?

·
Registered
852 Posts
congrats and enjoy! You can get traffic link on Sirius but you will have to go up the ladder when you call them because their system says the Ghibli radio is not compatable. Congrats again!! Welcome as well!!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Love the Grigio Metallo over Rosso combo.
That was on my short list.
Congratulations and welcome!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Welcome and nice introduction.

My wife loves our CLS 550 and finds the S Q4 exhaust too loud (over long distances) for her tastes. (Too bad, because she is Italian too.)

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Congrats - I had been following that car online as it was one of the few Metallo+Rosso/nero cars in the US with ventilated seats.

Instead am in process of ordering a 2015 with same colors but without Carbon, with Cold Weather and 19" Proteos - tough to have 20/21" in NE; decided against B&W as there is a Maserati fix for Premium Sound issues on 2015

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice, thanks for the info... I too am moving across from a C63 (2011) to a Ghibli.... How does the performance rate against the C63 ?
I would say the acceleration is different than the C63. C63 in my opinion has a slight delay at times depending on which gear you're in, but it has a smoother power band, whereas the Ghibli starts slow if you are in higher gear, and when the turbo spools up, takes off abruptly.

Cornering wise, I find the C is a bit tighter, whereas the Ghibli can be looser depending on how your steering is reacting.

The C63 is more raw. For now, I find the Ghibli is a good balance between luxury and performance.

·
Administrator
2,572 Posts
Enjoy the ride it is a real beauty and the weather must be getting nice in Seattle!!! Looking forward to your professional photos too.

On the rear deck rattles ... check your mesh speaker grille in the center. I was trying to test areas see where I could generate a rattle. I found the mesh grille if not fully seated could create a rattle. I made sure it was in tight and I have no rattles. There was at least one other person on the forum that has a rattle in the rear deck/seat area ... not sure if it was resolved.

Sadly, I will be plugging mine in for the next 2-3 weeks, (as a precaution), while I'm in Germany. Even worse, I will be traveling the Autobahn without my Ghibli ... just some TBD car. On the positive, I won't go thirsty since I will use Munich for my central location.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts