Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,

New maserati owner purchased in March 2020. I live in South Florida, its a 2018 Ghibili S Q4 with 14k miles on it.

A few things I quickly learned is find a luxury auto shop which is cheaper than the dealership. I also spent $3k on new brakes and rotors, next time I'll go with Formula Dynamic which are comparable but much more affordable.

Weird things I noticed and had fixed was wind noise coming through the left front door, the dash board light blinking and water in the taillights. The first dealership gave me a hard time fixing them under warranty but I went to a new dealership and they fixed them the same day no questions asked. The start/stop function sometimes starts again even though I didn't let off the brake but the dealership said the system is just sensitive and sometimes does that. Even though I replaced the brakes they still squeak a little at stops. Also don't lift the wipers up to clean them they don't lift! Also on high speed bumps the back middle of the car would always scrape hard so the dealership removed one of the underbody support braces (there's two).

Haha I've learned that Italian cars are pretty but have some weird things about them that you just have to live with.

Pictures below, I so far have only put tint on the car and smoked the headlights and taillights.

Next on the list are:
-Black 20" rims and new tires
-Chrome delete
-Exhaust tips
-Osram CBB headlight bulbs
-Lowering kit

I'm also a photographer and drone pilot so if there's any other Maserati owners in South FL I'm happy to bring my camera or drone to any meetups!

Let me know what you think! Or if I should add anything else to the list.

·
Super Moderator
2,137 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Car looks nice!!! I'm sure, especially in S Florida it's best to have tint to keep the inside cool. Even in North East, I put Crystalline all around to reduce heat load inside the car ... huge difference.
The wind noise is an easy adjustment ... glad 2nd dealer did right thing. Moisture (condensation) in lights is hit or miss. Depending on severity, some dealers will replace light fixture. I'm fortunate and rarely experience an occasional condensation that quickly goes away and mine is a 2014.
I usually can hear the wind deflectors, (flaps in front of tires), as my warning to go over the bump slow or on an angle. I do have a slightly different under body for 2014, but car should be no higher than your SQ4, infact with my 20" tires and old sport suspension it's probably got less road tolerance than newer models.

On the positive, you've got a modernized 2018 which captured years of updates/learning so should be good to go. Surprised on brakes soon ... maybe original owner was a little hard on them. Some squeak on factory brake pads are normal until they properly bed.

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Ghibli SQ4
18 Posts
Hey, 555, getting caught up on my reading. Don't lower it too much or you won't make it over the speed bumps. It also seems a little counterproductive to black-out the headlights and then have to buy more powerful bulbs. But like I told you, I am conservative with my cars and prefer stock.

My son lives in Miami, after graduating FSU in 2014. We lived in Ft Myers 1990-95. It was great with little kids but I have no desire to return. I like the 4 seasons too much. Good looking ride, my friend.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, 555, getting caught up on my reading. Don't lower it too much or you won't make it over the speed bumps. It also seems a little counterproductive to black-out the headlights and then have to buy more powerful bulbs. But like I told you, I am conservative with my cars and prefer stock.

My son lives in Miami, after graduating FSU in 2014. We lived in Ft Myers 1990-95. It was great with little kids but I have no desire to return. I like the 4 seasons too much. Good looking ride, my friend.
Haha yes totally a little counterproductive but I like the look of it being 'blacked out' during the day but then still be bright at night, I don't have to switch the bulbs out but I would've switched them to CBB anyway as the regular lights are too amber for my liking (4,700k vs 6,000k).

Correct you can only lower it a little but the vehicle has a huge wheel gap so just a little lowered should help along with 20 inch wheels, I'm not like those car guys that lower their car so much that the wheel rubs haha. The dealership also removed one of the two underbody support braces, it's the first support brace that always hits on bumps as it is close to the middle of the car, the second brace is in the rear of the car.

I plan on doing an ECU tune and a few other things but all just light mods.

I live in Fort Lauderdale! Not as crazy as Miami haha.

Cheers!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts