Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks,
I am from dallas tx but stationed out in Middle east for work. I am looking at getting a Maserati ghibli and have ben following the forum and advise.

let me give an heads up ..out here In the desert all car brands are give exclusive to one dealer in country so the only competition is between brands and not between multiple dealers
so I here are the specs of the GHIBLI I am being offered.
Yes I kno its not the S but that's way out of my budget in these parts.

I have managed to bring down the price of this car to $78,000 (after taxes) and the dealer is including 3 years bumper to bumper warranty including brakes.

A 3 year 45000miles or 60km complete service package is also included in the above price and frankly I am glad cause i heard that service could cost a bundle.

to the specs its a Rosso folgore with Cuio and complete specs

I Love the color and the car is unique in the jungle of merc bmws and porsches.
but is it a good buy at this price.. what do you think?

·
Registered
852 Posts
without knowing what is in the vehicle you are at the base price with delivery so assuming it has some options. Given your countries marketplace you are probably not going to see the 10% discounts that are occurring in the US. Hope this helps. if you post the msrp and options it would help.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok here are the specs.. oops I missed it sorry folk and yes its quoted in usd

Engine.............................: 3.0 BT V6

Fuel.............................. : Gasoline

Gearbox............................: AT8

Transmission.......................: 2WD

Power..............................: 330 Hp

03 - Base

*EXT Externals.....................: 94084210 ROSSO FOLGORE

*INT Internals.....................: 94084269 BLACK/BLACK/BLACK

*CAR Carpets.......................: 94084217 NERO

KNAV CTP SELECTION.................:

ROO1 HEADLINING AND PILLARS........: 94084295 BLACK

SEL1 SEATS WITH STITCHING..........: 94084283 TAN/TAN

STL1 LEATHER STEERING WHEEL........: 94084213 NERO

PK - Packages

Q7GX PREMIUM PACK..................:

Q7H0 EXECUTIVE PACK................:

FI - Interior

KLTH LEATHER ON PACK...............:

Q4MN OPEN PORE RADICA WOOD TRI.....:

SW - Steering wheels

CF - Comfort and Function

QAWS SMOKERS KIT...................:

QLM2 BI-XENON HEADLAMP FULL AF.....:

Q136 8-WAY POWER FRONT SEATS.......:

Q407 SHIFT PADD. ON STEERING C.....:

FE - Exterior

Q58B MICA PAINT....................:

RT - Wheels and Chassis

Q56J 19" POSEIDONE ELEGANCE RI.....:

01 - Market related

Q7HW COMPULSORY PACK...............:

·
Registered
863 Posts
I would say for a base Ghibli with all the packages included, it might be good.. but still looks pretty high... since the base Ghibli starts at around 66590

Also is this the MSRP or the actual selling price you are talking about.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's the selling price to me.. but got to remember that it includes a 3 year service package which once done is going to cost me $1200 per service.

To give an idea german cars are normally 15-20% higher here compared to the us and that's primarily due to market size.

The local dealer has sold only 10 cars since its launch in April this year so its definitely unique and when I test drove it I loved it.

comparing to an Audi A8L but the drive of the 2 cars are miles apart..

·
Registered
863 Posts
Well for that then I think its a quite a good deal. and yes i can understand being in middleast the cars are a bit expensive compared to USA.

Having said that can you get the selling price of an SQ4 from your dealer and just need to see how much is the price difference.

BTW are you getting any discounts because to me its looks more like MSRP pricing, rather then selling price.

·
Registered
284 Posts
if you're willing to wait and don't care for what just may be minor updates for the 2015 model year then you might as well wait for when they're trying to get rid of this years model so you can get an even better price.

we're already half way into the year so waiting a few months for a much better price might be what you want to take advantage of.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes I know they have one SQ4 coming in and its already sold white with the red interior with the red caliper brakes sky hook suspension. all bells and whistles .

it was sold at usd 100k. again with the 3 years service and maintenance bumper to bumper package.

Again this is after taxes as dealer pays the taxes upfront.

Sounds like cars are a more expensive here.. but when you pay .60 cents a litre whose complaining ...

·
Registered
666 Posts
You should call my Steve Schafer in Zeigler Maserati. I think buying it there and have it shipped out to you may still be cheaper.
I got mine brand new with over 15% discount.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yup looked at their website great prices and on Average 10 - 12% on MSRP.

It seems like I am paying the MSRP price with the additional cost of the service package.

·
Registered
863 Posts
This is what I was telling you before... and above all you are not even getting a sq4 you are getting a base ghibli

1 - 12 of 12 Posts