Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a 2014 S at the new Louisville dealership. Almost no options. $78K sticker. Sold for $69K.

And then went out of town for a week. And my wife drove it. In the rain.
So I got it cleaned. And finally drove it.

First impressions. Boom. It makes a lot of noise. That's fun.
I like as you idle to slow down, it gives you a throaty vroom vroom.
My kids like it. I've got little girls. They are easily impressed.

Not so pleased I can't see my music on the bluetooth. The touch screen isn't as good as the Panamera. XM trial not included. But hearing XM signal isn't so good so maybe that's a wash. The key is big. Heavy.

But why did I buy it? I wanted an Italian car. Fell in love with the vroom from the engine. And why not buy it? The Panamera was about to go out of warranty.
It is interesting when you mention it. I bought a Maserati. Doesn't matter who you say that to. Jaws drop.
Even if it if sort of practical (not that expensive and less than the Panamera, it's a saving really), people think it is ridiculously extravagant. Which I try to downplay.
Maybe.
It is a Maserati. So enjoy it.

Am I really in love yet? It's still a car. I need to spend a little more time.
But the vroom. That gets me everytime.
Wife is not sold yet and misses the Panamera.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Congratulations. I had a Panamera too which was more expensive but the Ghibli excites me way more. Please post pics of your new Ghibli and also your score on "How much do you like your Ghibli" thread.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Congratulations! I agree with you. I make every effort to downplay the reaction I get. I always say "My BMW 750i cost $10,000 more and no one even flinched when I got that!"

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Congratulations. I am sure you will enjoy it. At the moment I don't think there is another car that is as exciting as Ghibli specially when you consider the price and the exotic factor that comes with it..

·
Registered
666 Posts
I was just in Louisville last weekend! The St. James Court Art Fair was a lot of fun.
Congrats on the new car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts