Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
I've got a new Ghibli Diesel coming end of this month (I hope) and its coming with the standard options so pretty spec'd up (less the heated seats!), but it is coming with standard 18" wheels.
Since it is contract hire and I am keeping it for 24 months (8K per year), I reckon I will do one set of tyres.
Therefore, I'm thinking of getting it, changing the wheels to some 19" (aftermarket) with tyres and when giving it back put the originals back on.
Anyone changed their standard wheels/tyres in the UK and any comments on what else I'll need to change by way of handling etc.
I'm a business user so work to home and back again but such a lovely sexy looking car needs some 19"'s. I've heard the 20" on standard suspension are too hard and I don't really want that. Anyone got any to sell ?
David.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have 20" on standard suspension. Seems quite a smooth ride, but there again I came from owning cars with very firm suspension. It handles fairly well on UK roads and the potholes don't feel as bad.

The rubber on the 21's look a little too thin though, so 20 is about as big as I'd consider.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts