Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Traded a 2018 Jaguar diesel xe with 8000 miles on a 2017 Ghibli S Q4 with 27,000 miles in July. Might sound stupid, but the sensible Jaguar bored this 58 year old lady to death and the precious sound system seemed to be too fragile for the death metal I tend to crank.
She's a pretty thing, but I didn't buy her at a Maserati dealer, so even though her brakes and oil were changed at the selling dealer, she needs her 3rd year service. (Her little wrench light is on!)
So far, so good. One owner in Texas, and since he left his insurance card in, I know his other ride is a Ferrari California. I'm assuming he probably drives like I do: Fast.
Only issue I may have is that my work commute is 3 miles one way and most of my free time is spent at home. I figure that may not be good for her.
Any members with suggestions or tips on caring for my new girl, feel free to let me know! I've always driven powerful cars, but this is my first Italian. I'm sure there's plenty to learn.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Welcome to the Maserati world! I like your style.

We bought a 2014 Ghibli when they first came out, sold it a couple of years ago because we didn't drive it much. We missed it so much we just bought a new one again. There is something about Italian cars (we also have an Alfa)...they are in our blood now.

For what its worth, the 2014 gets a bad rap on here but ours was no problem - stereo amp went out and that was our only issue in 4 years. Maybe it was all the heavy metal we played... :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts