Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everone, Toronto checking in. Just got my first glimpse of the Ghibli on the weekend and added it to the list of potentials. Was really leaning towards the A7, but will wait for the next gen Panamera before making a decision anyways.

Joined the forum to interact with owners and really figure out if the Ghibli is the one for us!

Cheers.

·
Registered
324 Posts
but will wait for the next gen Panamera before making a decision
The Panamera is a freakish looking car. It can't make up it's mind. It tries hard to look like a fastback Porche, but it's footprint is far too long:

Some have likened it to a frog's ass. I personally just don't understand the attraction. I have similar sentiments toward the BMW 5 GT:

Some say it was designed to appeal to Chinese new money. They have a peculiar sense of taste in cars (and most everything else eg. fine wine mixed with... coca cola).

·
Registered
305 Posts
The Panamera is a freakish looking car. It can't make up it's mind. It tries hard to look like a fastback Porche, but it's footprint is far too long:

Some have likened it to a frog's ass. I personally just don't understand the attraction. I have similar sentiments toward the BMW 5 GT:
And both cars look even worse in the flesh.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Panamera is the best of the two, next generation Panamera is really saving them, just have a look at it:

·
Registered
277 Posts
just spotted my first Ghibli in Toronto yesterday :)

Whose is it. Was in for servicing at SFG

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@ Elymore - I am based in Toronto too and am considering SQ4. Did you test drove it at vaughan dealership?
I haven't been out for a test yet, they have one in Yorkdale i saw when cutting through there the other day.

this is only a panamera render based on the panamera sport turismo concept, but theres rumblings that this is the inspiration for the next panner, hence my desire to wait :D

·
Registered
253 Posts
The Panamera has a much nicer real life presence than what you see in the pics. I personally like the Panamera GTS the most out of the Panameras. This the best driver's car you can get for the money that has 4 doors. Its better than everything else out there, including the Ghibli. But it is $40 K more than Ghibli.

I had to rank cars by driving feel (fun to drive) that have 4 doors in the luxury segment it would be

1. 2013+ Panamera GTS
2. Ghibli SQ4 / BMW M6 GC / BMW M5
3. Audi RS7/MB CLS63 AMG

·
Registered
324 Posts
I can't get past the Homer Simpson-like curb appeal. Dog poop may very well taste like a Kobe steak, but I for one will never know ;)

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have to agree again with RSM. How people pay their own money for such a monstrosity amazes me but live and let live. Thank God not everybody prefers blondes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts