Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,
Newby here, I picked up a 2014 diesel today, low mileage, bianco alpi, grey21's extended leather, etc generally a nice clean car but I have a couple of questions. I noticed the headlining is covered in plastic spikes? Is this normal? Also the interior roof light won't come on, front or rear. The map lights work, footwell lights etc all good.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've identified the plastic spikes...... the interior light wasn't working, reason being was someone has fitted a fibre optic kit inside presumably to make it look like the stars. Having checked online the system is controlled by a small remote, which I don't have......

·
Registered
352 Posts
Holly crums, I've seen this on the yachts I work on, but in a car never.

Good additions to the Ghibli Diesel, are:

A good remap with the EGR closed. If you dismantle the EGR tube going to the inlet manifold, you'll have fit.

A Maxhaust sound system, I install them and every one is more than happy with them.

I also installed a dash cam, integrated to the rear view mirror cowling. You don't even see it.

Enjoy your Ghibli.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Holly crums, I've seen this on the yachts I work on, but in a car never.

Good additions to the Ghibli Diesel, are:

A good remap with the EGR closed. If you dismantle the EGR tube going to the inlet manifold, you'll have fit.

A Maxhaust sound system, I install them and every one is more than happy with them.

I also installed a dash cam, integrated to the rear view mirror cowling. You don't even see it.

Enjoy your Ghibli.
Thanks, a remap and maxhaust are on the shipping list, although I'm not sure where best to take it in the UK for the remap, I'll have to do some research. I used to tune Honda's but wouldn't know where to start on the Ghibli!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts