Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 SQ4 with 19,000 miles on it. All in with new tires, including tax and everything was $37,900.

I cannot wait to drive it - getting brakes and oil change now - and holy sh** expensive for just minor stuff.

I assume every time I take this to the shop I will shell out 3 grand....?

But I am excited to drive it...Gorgeous car, sounds beautiful and cannot wait to take it out for a spin....

·
Super Moderator
2,094 Posts
Welcome to the forum and your SQ4!!!
I'd say $500 - 2500/year is a reasonable depending on services and age of car. Brakes+Rotors tend to be the big ticket wear items.
Some of this is much lower if you find an independent, although I tend to use the Maserati dealer for peace of mind. Mine is 6 years old and no complaints.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum and your SQ4!!!
I'd say $500 - 2500/year is a reasonable depending on services and age of car. Brakes+Rotors tend to be the big ticket wear items.
Some of this is much lower if you find an independent, although I tend to use the Maserati dealer for peace of mind. Mine is 6 years old and no complaints.
Thanks BeerGuy. Yeah, this is a full front rotor deal so the price was a bit of a shock. I am psyched to take ownership of it. I know I will absolutely love it.

·
Registered
339 Posts
2017 SQ4 with 19,000 miles on it. All in with new tires, including tax and everything was $37,900.

I cannot wait to drive it - getting brakes and oil change now - and holy sh** expensive for just minor stuff.

But I am excited to drive it...Gorgeous car, sounds beautiful and cannot wait to take it out for a spin....
Congrats, I took dealer delivery on a 2017 in January. I take it your is not a CPO or they would have done all the required maintenance before delivery including brakes, fluids and tires. Mine came with new brakes on both axles, new tires, oil and plugs. This was all part of the certification process and no cost to me. I paid 38,000 but I bought an extra year of CPO for $1500.

·
Registered
22 Posts

I use an independent luxury car shop for oil changes and the brake pad change is super easy to do yourself if you search youtube. You can do your fronts and rears in under an hour.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I use an independent luxury car shop for oil changes and the brake pad change is super easy to do yourself if you search youtube. You can do your fronts and rears in under an hour.
Yeah, I ain't a DIY'er and I factored the cost of ownership into my decision making process. That is why CPO was a requirement for me and having them bring it up to spec before delivery. The low price is attractive to many that don't do their homework on cost of ownership. I prefer to have the dealer do and warrant the work.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats, I took dealer delivery on a 2017 in January. I take it your is not a CPO or they would have done all the required maintenance before delivery including brakes, fluids and tires. Mine came with new brakes on both axles, new tires, oil and plugs. This was all part of the certification process and no cost to me. I paid 38,000 but I bought an extra year of CPO for $1500.
A dealership wanted 40+ for the same car. My regular mechanic on my old Infiniti G37 is also a broker, so he found the one I decided to buy, all in at $37,900. In discussions with him, he told me about the rating systems brokers use and that he would make sure he delivered a car to me that was a 4.5 or better, and would do all of the work to get it there. I was more than a little peeved at him when he told me he'd pay for tires, but I was on the hook for brakes and oil change. ****, I could have purchased it from a dealer with all kinds of certifications and such. But whatever.

Was delivered today, drives like a dream and I love the sound.

My only complaint early on is the cup holders are tiny. I can't even get my Yeti in there. I am sure I can buy some kind of adapter that widens the opening, but that is odd.

Also, I searched here but didn't find it: the gas mileage is odd...It shows how many miles until empty, but the "per" shows km/liter. I looked and looked and couldn't figure out how to change that in the settings. I have to be overlooking it, surely you can change it...I am sure I will figure it out. Haven't looked at manual, but you'd think it would be in the settings where you choose Units.

Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
339 Posts
A dealership wanted 40+ for the same car. My regular mechanic on my old Infiniti G37 is also a broker, so he found the one I decided to buy, all in at $37,900. In discussions with him, he told me about the rating systems brokers use and that he would make sure he delivered a car to me that was a 4.5 or better, and would do all of the work to get it there. I was more than a little peeved at him when he told me he'd pay for tires, but I was on the hook for brakes and oil change. ****, I could have purchased it from a dealer with all kinds of certifications and such. But whatever.

Was delivered today, drives like a dream and I love the sound.

My only complaint early on is the cup holders are tiny. I can't even get my Yeti in there. I am sure I can buy some kind of adapter that widens the opening, but that is odd.

Also, I searched here but didn't find it: the gas mileage is odd...It shows how many miles until empty, but the "per" shows km/liter. I looked and looked and couldn't figure out how to change that in the settings. I have to be overlooking it, surely you can change it...I am sure I will figure it out. Haven't looked at manual, but you'd think it would be in the settings where you choose Units.

Thanks for the feedback!
Awesome. They are so much fun to drive. Cup holders have worked for me so far, but I predominately use them for large Dunkin Donuts coffees. Luckily they went to paper cups from styrofoam which used to stick inside the holder.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

My own update after 24 hours:

Love how it drives, it is a dream. The sound, the handling, everything - it gets from 70 to 100 in a flash and gives me a little tickle in my pickle.

I am a pretty particular person, so pardon me nitpicking a car I love, but...

--The aforementioned cupholders: they're not even big enough for a SmartWater - those bottles are made purposely skinny so they fit cupholders. Do the Italians just want me to drink cans of beer while driving? That's just...odd....

--For CarPlay to work, you have to plug in a USB to your phone. Well, the USB sticks out so far that you can't close the compartment, resulting in wires hanging out which is ugly. I did find this (below) online, and hope that since it is a side mounted USB, it will be stubby enough for me to close that compartment, hiding my phone, USB port, and wires. If this doesn't work, did any of you find something that does?

--The stereo is excellent, and better quality sound than my Infiniti. But I must say it isn't very loud. With my iPhone playing Pandora, the phone volume turned all of the way up, and the Maserati at full volume, it just isn't as loud as I'd want. I think I have the premium package (but not the super premium). My Bose in my Infiniti would make my ears ring. This? Not so much. Am I missing something?

--I did find the setting for the km/liter; knew I would. I can be a dummy at times.

These are minor complaints, overall. Thanks everyone for being welcoming, and to those of you who provided feedback.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Here is your solution for the door. Read the last few posts. I started this thread.

True that USB compartment door won't close with USB cord plugged in?

I actually bought a CarPlay2Air wireless dongle. As much as I love CarPlay, plugging and unplugging is a pain in the ass. Wireless CarPlay is the way to go. I actually have one I’m selling if anyone is interested. I bought two.

I have an Infiniti QX60 with the Bose system and it does make your ears bleed and I love loud music too much. That said, I’m very happy with the Premium HK 900 watt system in my car. More than I thought I would be. Goes plenty loud, in fact it really only sounds great really loud. So you either don’t have HK Premium Sound (if you do there should be a SW in the trunk) or something may be wrong with your amp. I assume you are using Pandora via Apple CarPlay. Is the volume not loud enough with all inputs?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My own update after 24 hours:

Love how it drives, it is a dream. The sound, the handling, everything - it gets from 70 to 100 in a flash and gives me a little tickle in my pickle.

I am a pretty particular person, so pardon me nitpicking a car I love, but...

--The aforementioned cupholders: they're not even big enough for a SmartWater - those bottles are made purposely skinny so they fit cupholders. Do the Italians just want me to drink cans of beer while driving? That's just...odd....

--For CarPlay to work, you have to plug in a USB to your phone. Well, the USB sticks out so far that you can't close the compartment, resulting in wires hanging out which is ugly. I did find this (below) online, and hope that since it is a side mounted USB, it will be stubby enough for me to close that compartment, hiding my phone, USB port, and wires. If this doesn't work, did any of you find something that does?

[/URL][/URL]

--The stereo is excellent, and better quality sound than my Infiniti. But I must say it isn't very loud. With my iPhone playing Pandora, the phone volume turned all of the way up, and the Maserati at full volume, it just isn't as loud as I'd want. I think I have the premium package (but not the super premium). My Bose in my Infiniti would make my ears ring. This? Not so much. Am I missing something?

--I did find the setting for the km/liter; knew I would. I can be a dummy at times.

These are minor complaints, overall. Thanks everyone for being welcoming, and to those of you who provided feedback.
And I figured out the stereo - kind of. I just turned the bass, treble and the midrange all of the way up.
Here is your solution for the door. Read the last few posts. I started this thread.

I actually bought a CarPlay2Air wireless dongle. As much as I love CarPlay, plugging and unplugging is a pain in the ass. Wireless CarPlay is the way to go. I actually have one I’m selling if anyone is interested. I bought two.

I have an Infiniti QX60 with the Bose system and it does make your ears bleed and I love loud music too much. That said, I’m very happy with the Premium HK 900 watt system in my car. More than I thought I would be. Goes plenty loud, in fact it really only sounds great really loud. So you either don’t have HK Premium Sound (if you do there should be a SW in the trunk) or something may be wrong with your amp. I assume you are using Pandora via Apple CarPlay. Is the volume not loud enough with all inputs?

Thanks again, you're very kind helping a rookie out. I will buy one of those because I don't want to mess with wires. either. Although I do like charging my phone while driving, I can do that using a different port when needed. I'd be interested in buying yours if you're interested. And yes, Pandora via Apple CarPlay using an iPhone X. I haven't tried to turn on the radio or other inputs to see if those are any louder.

Yes, it is an amp that is in the trunk, though, not a SW, right? I read the manual and I definitely have Premium. A SW under the back window, an amp in the trunk, four SWs - two in rear doors, and two on the sides of the dashboard and a midrange in the middle of the top of the dash.

I did mess with the settings, though, and turned the bass, treble and midrange all of the way up and it is much louder. But I can't imagine that would be good for the speakers.

·
Registered
339 Posts
And I figured out the stereo - kind of. I just turned the bass, treble and the midrange all of the way up.

Thanks again, you're very kind helping a rookie out. I will buy one of those because I don't want to mess with wires. either. Although I do like charging my phone while driving, I can do that using a different port when needed. I'd be interested in buying yours if you're interested. And yes, Pandora via Apple CarPlay using an iPhone X. I haven't tried to turn on the radio or other inputs to see if those are any louder.

Yes, it is an amp that is in the trunk, though, not a SW, right? I read the manual and I definitely have Premium. A SW under the back window, an amp in the trunk, four SWs - two in rear doors, and two on the sides of the dashboard and a midrange in the middle of the top of the dash.

I did mess with the settings, though, and turned the bass, treble and midrange all of the way up and it is much louder. But I can't imagine that would be good for the speakers.
So you don’t have a SW under the rear deck? It’s pretty flat. Seems what you described you should. Turning the EQ up to max on all frequencies should not be the answer. I don’t, mine set to a “U”. Let and right slider up slightly, mids flat.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So you don’t have a SW under the rear deck? It’s pretty flat. Seems what you described you should. Turning the EQ up to max on all frequencies should not be the answer. I don’t, mine set to a “U”. Let and right slider up slightly, mids flat.
This is definitely what I have:
Premium System
The vehicle can be equipped with a “Premium” sound system which features 10 speakers and can develop a sound output of 900 W. This system includes:
• Four 6.5 in (165 mm) diameter Woofers, one on each door.
• One 3.5 in (90 mm) diameter Midrange diameter, on the top of the dashboard.
• Four 1 in (25 mm) diameterTweeters, two on the upper edges of the dashboard and one on each rear door.
• One 12.4 x 7.9 (315 x 200 mm) Subwoofer on the rear panel below the rear window.
• 8- channel amplifier in the trunk.

This is what you're describing, right?

·
Registered
339 Posts
This is definitely what I have:
Premium System
The vehicle can be equipped with a “Premium” sound system which features 10 speakers and can develop a sound output of 900 W. This system includes:
• Four 6.5 in (165 mm) diameter Woofers, one on each door.
• One 3.5 in (90 mm) diameter Midrange diameter, on the top of the dashboard.
• Four 1 in (25 mm) diameterTweeters, two on the upper edges of the dashboard and one on each rear door.
• One 12.4 x 7.9 (315 x 200 mm) Subwoofer on the rear panel below the rear window.
• 8- channel amplifier in the trunk.

This is what you're describing, right?
Yes, I thought you originally said you didn’t have the sub. That should be the Harmon Kardon Premium Sound option. Mine is literally just a few decibels off my Infiniti in terms of loudness. And as I said, I like it loud. 3/4 volume is very loud. Have the dealer check it out. It’s covered under warranty.

Post some pics too of the car. What color combo, wheels etc.?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes, I thought you originally said you didn’t have the sub. That should be the Harmon Kardon Premium Sound option. Mine is literally just a few decibels off my Infiniti in terms of loudness. And as I said, I like it loud. 3/4 volume is very loud. Have the dealer check it out. It’s covered under warranty.

Post some pics too of the car. What color combo, wheels etc.?
I think I did because I opened the trunk looking for a subwoofer to be there, but it is an amp that is next to the spare tire. I didn't think to take to dealer and have them look but if I can't figure it out, I am definitely going to do that.

About to hit the golf course, will post some pics later on today. Just changed my profile pic/avatar on here to my car. It is blue with a tan (but I'd consider off-white) interior. No coincidence it is the same color combo as my G37 (although my Infiniti was a lighter blue).

·
Registered
339 Posts
I think I did because I opened the trunk looking for a subwoofer to be there, but it is an amp that is next to the spare tire. I didn't think to take to dealer and have them look but if I can't figure it out, I am definitely going to do that.

About to hit the golf course, will post some pics later on today. Just changed my profile pic/avatar on here to my car. It is blue with a tan (but I'd consider off-white) interior. No coincidence it is the same color combo as my G37 (although my Infiniti was a lighter blue).
Nice. I’m jealous. MA just opened golf here yesterday. My club is swamped with members and administering protocol. Couldn’t get a tee time and they are limited play to 9 holes.

Yeah, the sub is flat and affixed under the rear parcel tray.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice. I’m jealous. MA just opened golf here yesterday. My club is swamped with members and administering protocol. Couldn’t get a tee time and they are limited play to 9 holes.

Yeah, the sub is flat and affixed under the rear parcel tray.
I figured out my sound issues (I think).

This is my first car with CarPlay, so excuse my naivety - maybe this is widely known.

When I first got it, I connected via Bluetooth, then plugged in and started using CarPlay.

This morning, I jump in, turn on Pandora via CarPlay, and when I turned it up, nothing happened. I turn it all of the way down to zero, and it was still playing at the same volume. Turn it up to full, same volume. So I unplug it from CarPlay and just connect via Bluetooth and - bam - I can have it as loud as I want.

So, thinking there is some kind of conflict, I went into my iPhone Bluetooth settings, and "Forgot" the MTC+ Bluetooth connection. Voila, fixed.

I assume that CarPlay + Bluetooth don't mix - which is kind of dumb, but whatever. You'd think if your phone is plugged in, CarPlay takes precedence and if it isn't, BT takes precedence.

And I didn't get out to play golf yesterday - it was 90% rain forecast starting at tee times, and we didn't feel like getting wet so we nixed it.

I still owe photos - I tried last night but my MacBook likes to mess with me and make things harder. I will do it from my Windows machine sometime this weekend.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I figured out my sound issues (I think).

This is my first car with CarPlay, so excuse my naivety - maybe this is widely known.

When I first got it, I connected via Bluetooth, then plugged in and started using CarPlay.

This morning, I jump in, turn on Pandora via CarPlay, and when I turned it up, nothing happened. I turn it all of the way down to zero, and it was still playing at the same volume. Turn it up to full, same volume. So I unplug it from CarPlay and just connect via Bluetooth and - bam - I can have it as loud as I want.

So, thinking there is some kind of conflict, I went into my iPhone Bluetooth settings, and "Forgot" the MTC+ Bluetooth connection. Voila, fixed.

I assume that CarPlay + Bluetooth don't mix - which is kind of dumb, but whatever. You'd think if your phone is plugged in, CarPlay takes precedence and if it isn't, BT takes precedence.

And I didn't get out to play golf yesterday - it was 90% rain forecast starting at tee times, and we didn't feel like getting wet so we nixed it.

I still owe photos - I tried last night but my MacBook likes to mess with me and make things harder. I will do it from my Windows machine sometime this weekend.
Yeah, when CarPlay is connected, no MTC+ BT Voice or Audio, which you really shouldn’t need because CarPlay does both.

I’m loving the wireless CarPlay.

BTW, got these today, don’t buy these!!! Your gonna get pummeled on Facebook with these, they don’t look good.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, when CarPlay is connected, no MTC+ BT Voice or Audio, which you really shouldn’t need because CarPlay does both.

I’m loving the wireless CarPlay.

BTW, got these today, don’t buy these!!! Your gonna get pummeled on Facebook with these, they don’t look good.
Those are interesting....

Also, my sound "fix" was only temporary. Still didn't work after driving somewhere, turning the car off and on.. So I did what anyone else does when something inexplicable happens: power cycle my phone. And again, seems to have fixed the issue, but we'll see if it is permanent this time. I am looking forward to the CPAir as well.

Now I need to figure out why Homelink isn't programming. I've done this task 100 times for myself and others who aren't technically inclined, but the Maserati won't take. I don't feel like messing with it tonight.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Those are interesting....

Also, my sound "fix" was only temporary. Still didn't work after driving somewhere, turning the car off and on.. So I did what anyone else does when something inexplicable happens: power cycle my phone. And again, seems to have fixed the issue, but we'll see if it is permanent this time. I am looking forward to the CPAir as well.

Now I need to figure out why Homelink isn't programming. I've done this task 100 times for myself and others who aren't technically inclined, but the Maserati won't take. I don't feel like messing with it tonight.
Homelink can be a pain. Best to do the same thing in the morning and it will work. Seems like this for me. Make sure you clear out all saved codes. I think you need to hold down 1 and 3 until the lights blink. Then hit your lean button and hold down 1.

On the sound issues, if the reboot doesn’t work, maybe your car needs a software update?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts