Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Thanks for the offer but I despise not being to shut that door. Just ordered that ribbon 90 degree USB from Amazon. I think it is coming from Mars since I won't get it until July, but I couldn't find it anywhere else.

Also, Waze (google) replied - they've identified the sound issue and will be fixing it in their next update.
Cancel and get this one:

It's 5CM longer, but it's Prime and will get to you Wednesday. Actually wish I got the longer one, to have a little extra play in getting the phone buried in the slot.

Don't forget the adapter:

·
Registered
16 Posts
2017 SQ4 with 19,000 miles on it. All in with new tires, including tax and everything was $37,900.

I cannot wait to drive it - getting brakes and oil change now - and holy sh** expensive for just minor stuff.

I assume every time I take this to the shop I will shell out 3 grand....?

But I am excited to drive it...Gorgeous car, sounds beautiful and cannot wait to take it out for a spin....
Dude, WTF, you got that car for an absolute bargain. Wow! Seriously. And you have the exact colour combo I have the, blu emozione with cream leather. I just wish I had the high polished wood instead of the standard wood. I have found the service costs very reasonable and parts prices also very affordable, but then I had two Bentleys before so it is all relative. I once had an Audi years ago that was more expensive to service than my Ghibli. But again, the price you paid for a low miler SQ4 is something to be really proud of. PS I removed the rear Ghibli badge from mine (but I would leave the SQ4 badge), the Maserati badge is all people really need to know, Ferrari, Bentley, Lamborghini, Rolls Royce DO NOT have the model name on the car - that is so BMW/Mercedes/Audi/Lexus. People say use dental floss to remove it, I used fishing line.

·
Registered
16 Posts
G0DDAMMIT I AM AN IDIOT. BATTERY UPSIDE DOWN. GAHHHHH....LOL, this is why I pay other people to pay attention to details for me at work. :)
It’s a b**ch to replace the battery yourself in the key fob, I know from experience - it’s like origami. The dealer is supposed to replace the battery when you have it serviced as part of the package but MOST of the time they ‘forget’ and so do I until it dies. Exactly the same with my Bentley, once picked it up and asked if they replaced the key fob battery and got blank looks then they ran in back to replace it. Seriously, don’t they have a basic check list and pencil? Argh!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
It’s a b**ch to replace the battery yourself in the key fob, I know from experience - it’s like origami. The dealer is supposed to replace the battery when you have it serviced as part of the package but MOST of the time they ‘forget’ and so do I until it dies. Exactly the same with my Bentley, once picked it up and asked if they replaced the key fob battery and got blank looks then they ran in back to replace it. Seriously, don’t they have a basic check list and pencil? Argh!
Dude, WTF, you got that car for an absolute bargain. Wow! Seriously. And you have the exact colour combo I have the, blu emozione with cream leather. I just wish I had the high polished wood instead of the standard wood. I have found the service costs very reasonable and parts prices also very affordable, but then I had two Bentleys before so it is all relative. I once had an Audi years ago that was more expensive to service than my Ghibli. But again, the price you paid for a low miler SQ4 is something to be really proud of. PS I removed the rear Ghibli badge from mine (but I would leave the SQ4 badge), the Maserati badge is all people really need to know, Ferrari, Bentley, Lamborghini, Rolls Royce DO NOT have the model name on the car - that is so BMW/Mercedes/Audi/Lexus. People say use dental floss to remove it, I used fishing line.
I love this color combo. My previous was an Infiniti G37 that was a blue slate with a cream interior, so I definitely have a pattern.

I think I am over most of my questions/issues. The one thing I definitely don't like is the tiny cup holders. I am
Cancel and get this one:

It's 5CM longer, but it's Prime and will get to you Wednesday. Actually wish I got the longer one, to have a little extra play in getting the phone buried in the slot.

Don't forget the adapter:

Thanks again, Joe, you've been a wonderful help.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
That was strange, was in middle of two posts at once, and both posted. Oh well.

As I was saying - I dislike the cup holders. But I spend $20 on an extender so I can use them when I want for larger cups, and hide it away in the center armrest when not in use.

There are some settings on the car that I need to do homework on. I don't like the cruise control assist and how it slows down as it approaches cars. I am sure there is a way to disable it, but I don't use CC much as I don't take a ton of long trips, so whatever.

And yes - I think I got this as a steal. It was definitely driven hard by prior owner - 19k miles and breaks were dead, tired were dead. But otherwise it is in perfect condition.

Loving this car....

·
Registered
16 Posts
P.S. On the topic of cup holders, the size fits all drinks I have bought such as a small bottle of still or sparkling water, a coffee, a can of Diet Coke, Red Bull etc. I lived in the US for 20 years and know about these massive “big gulp” sized drinks. In the UK and Europe there are regulations against such large sizes for sodas and there is a special sugar tax as governments say it is a detriment to people’s health and therefore puts pressure on our tax funded healthcare systems for diabetes etc. It is also less common to eat or drink in a car apart from a water and less common to have snacks between meals. So for most of the world, the cup holders are the right size and I infrequently use mine.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
P.S. On the topic of cup holders, the size fits all drinks I have bought such as a small bottle of still or sparkling water, a coffee, a can of Diet Coke, Red Bull etc. I lived in the US for 20 years and know about these massive “big gulp” sized drinks. In the UK and Europe there are regulations against such large sizes for sodas and there is a special sugar tax as governments say it is a detriment to people’s health and therefore puts pressure on our tax funded healthcare systems for diabetes etc. It is also less common to eat or drink in a car apart from a water and less common to have snacks between meals. So for most of the world, the cup holders are the right size and I infrequently use mine.
I try to drink lots of water, but the only water bottles that fit are the smallest ones. Even the "SmartWater" brand bottles that are really thin at the bottom so they fit in cup holders don't work. I have a few Yetis that are large but have skinnier bottoms designed to fit cupholders, that I also like to fill with ice water to bring with me to, say, the golf course or driving range, don't fit. Smaller Yetis for coffee don't fit either. So, basically, I can only bring with me a tiny bottle of water. Or need to buy some different coffee cups. :)

·
Registered
404 Posts
I got a Diet Coke traditional plastic bottle a few days ago and it doesn’t fit. I never really noticed because for the most part I drink either a large hot or iced coffee from Dunkin’ and they both fit.

I also drink a lot of water, but I never expected my hydro flask to fit anyway, I just keep it on the passenger seat.

In terms of adaptive cruise, I don’t have it on this car but I have it on my QX60 and I love it. I can decrease the distance from the car in front of me so it doesn’t slow down too early and will stay about a car length behind. I would think Maserati would have this?? Sure beats hitting the brake and turning it on and off. I set it to 90, get in the left lane and let the car take it from there. If no one is in front of me, I’m doing 90. If the car in front of me is going 80, I’m at 80.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yeah, when CarPlay is connected, no MTC+ BT Voice or Audio, which you really shouldn’t need because CarPlay does both.

I’m loving the wireless CarPlay.

BTW, got these today, don’t buy these!!! Your gonna get pummeled on Facebook with these, they don’t look good.
I almost got these too! Don't get them i ultimately figured that fabric on the floor would look weird, also doesn't seem to fit properly and bunch up.

Get Weather tech! That's what I did and I'm so happy I got those, plastic so you can easily rinse them off when washing the car or pick up debris between car washes. And most importantly it fits snuck and looks premium. Let me know if anyone needs a picture of how they look

·
Registered
404 Posts
I almost got these too! Don't get them i ultimately figured that fabric on the floor would look weird, also doesn't seem to fit properly and bunch up.

Get Weather tech! That's what I did and I'm so happy I got those, plastic so you can easily rinse them off when washing the car or pick up debris between car washes. And most importantly it fits snuck and looks premium. Let me know if anyone needs a picture of how they look
Thanks. I have the weather techs for winter. They do fit nicely. I didn’t buy these pleather stitched mats for winter protection. It was an impulse buy for spring and summer because I “thought” they looked cool. They look cheesy. Too much.

What I REALLY want is a black Maserati OEM carpet mat with red Maserati stitched into them. You would think they would make these.

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Ghibli SQ4
18 Posts
Welcome to the Ghibli family and lots of good information here. I have an Android phone but am perfectly happy with a 16Gb SD-card having all my music and, if I get bored, FM radio. I have not fussed with the garage door opener only because my smart garage door opener works fine from my phone. I went with WeatherTech floor- and trunk mats and while they don't look "elegant", they are functional and clean. I have noticed the ASS rarely works and I am keeping an eye on it, because it is one feature I hate. I do have the DAP and I can adjust the sensitivity and in most cases set it to warn me, jiggle the wheel, or take control. So far I am ok with warnings.

Enjoy the ride!

Reactions: Dreamerr555
41 - 51 of 51 Posts