Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
Just bought a 2015 with 14K. Miles, unbelievable deal and great car! Picked up the 16th already put 1500 miles on....grinning ear to ear!:D
Looking for some quick references:
Need a spare key, cut and programmed. Where should I buy and how much to get programmed?
Best Inexpensive Sub and amplifier upgrade?
Got quoted 2100 for a 5 channel amp, 10 inch sub and two front door speakers installed, think I want to try a sub alone first. It doesn’t sound terrible, but the bass rattles tree speakers.
Ay input?
Thanks
Chris

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Hi

for the keys, you must go to Maserati

I don't know the price in US in Europe it is around 450 euro new key programmed.

Don't buy on eBay etc because Maserati will not do the program on it if they do not know exactly from where the key comes, actually they can see it on their system and if it was stolen it may give you some head hacks to you

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update on Key and programming

Hello,
Follow up, bought a Maserati Key fob(transponder) and blank. New never used, had a local locksmith cut blank and program remote. The Real Locksmith Sandy Springs GA
Key 50.00
Programming/Cut 55.00
105.00 total for an authentic identical Masarati key fob. Dealer wanted 1100.00

·
Registered
42 Posts
Wow, that's awesome! Thanks for the info - I need another key myself (only had one when I bought the car used). Looks like I'll be giving The Real Locksmith some additional Maserati business. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
$1,100?!?!?! holy ****!
That was my first reaction as well. That is ridiculous. Porsche previously charged me ~$350 for a replacement key. $1100 for one key is insane.

Chris, just out of curiosity, was this Ferrari Maserati of Atlanta or Jim Ellis Maserati?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hello
Just bought a 2015 with 14K. Miles, unbelievable deal and great car! Picked up the 16th already put 1500 miles on....grinning ear to ear!:D
Looking for some quick references:
Need a spare key, cut and programmed. Where should I buy and how much to get programmed?
Best Inexpensive Sub and amplifier upgrade?
Got quoted 2100 for a 5 channel amp, 10 inch sub and two front door speakers installed, think I want to try a sub alone first. It doesn’t sound terrible, but the bass rattles tree speakers.
Ay input?
Thanks
Chris
there are a bunch of posts here about the various audio upgrades done by forum members, myself included. Do you have just the base audio or "premium" as they called it in 2015? If you have the premium (would have an oval stock subwoofer in your rear deck), you can probably get away with just a separate sub amp, replace the stock sub with an aftermarket 10", and change the front door speakers and get a tremendous improvement. That's roughly what I did and I only paid less than $1500 for everything. The stock door speakers are garbage so definitely swap those out at minimum. That said, I upgraded from the Harmon Kardon system which was 900w to begin with.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The key quote came from mMaserati of Atlanta.
I went to service department to establish a relationship, I still have 1 year maintenance and 1 year factory which I plan on extending.
Still smiling ear to ear, such a fun car!

·
Registered
19 Posts
[/quote] there are a bunch of posts here about the various audio upgrades done by forum members, myself included. Do you have just the base audio or "premium" as they called it in 2015? If you have the premium (would have an oval stock subwoofer in your rear deck), you can probably get away with just a separate sub amp, replace the stock sub with an aftermarket 10", and change the front door speakers and get a tremendous improvement. That's roughly what I did and I only paid less than $1500 for everything. The stock door speakers are garbage so definitely swap those out at minimum. That said, I upgraded from the Harmon Kardon system which was 900w to begin with.[/QUOTE]

The stock subwoofer is not round. Can you replace it with a 10" sub or have to go with a separate enclosure in the trunk?

·
Registered
215 Posts
there are a bunch of posts here about the various audio upgrades done by forum members, myself included. Do you have just the base audio or "premium" as they called it in 2015? If you have the premium (would have an oval stock subwoofer in your rear deck), you can probably get away with just a separate sub amp, replace the stock sub with an aftermarket 10", and change the front door speakers and get a tremendous improvement. That's roughly what I did and I only paid less than $1500 for everything. The stock door speakers are garbage so definitely swap those out at minimum. That said, I upgraded from the Harmon Kardon system which was 900w to begin with.[/QUOTE]

The stock subwoofer is not round. Can you replace it with a 10" sub or have to go with a separate enclosure in the trunk?[/QUOTE]

separate enclosure for the sub which was put where the spare tire would go. I could have had it custom built into the rear deck where the stock sub sits, but that would have obviously cost more and I didn't think it was worth it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts