Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Never owned a Maserati and I understand that the Ghilbli is a new to the Maserati family but I wanted to see if anyone has any experience with their vehicles? Don't get me wrong totally think their a great car manufacturing company but....

1. What is the maintenance like on these vehicles?
2. Having problem or defects with the car within the first few years?
3. Is it wise to buy the first generation of Ghibli?

Thanks for your insight!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hello Paskii, maintenance is an unknown at this point, however I would budget money comparable to the costs on any other higher-end car.

As far as problems or defects, I would expect a higher rate of issues compared to future years of Ghibli when any latent defects will be rectified. It's never "wise" to purchase the first model year, but for me at least, cars are an emotional purchase and cannot be fully rationalized anyway. I'm content with a higher likelihood of issues in exchange for having the newest "hot" car.

One should also consider that many of the Ghibli's shared parts are already being tested everyday by production Quattroportes, so the engineers have a leg-up to find any potential problems before many Ghiblis are built. Therefore I predict there will be less issues on a new Ghibli compared to any other brand new Maserati model.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi DJR,

Thanks for the insight, that's how I see too but I have no experience with high end vehicles such as Maserati. I guess only time will tell!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If we base the reliability off my coupe I'd say not very good.
Well we have to consider it's an 07, probably second version of the vehicle? Reliability does raise a concern because I can't imagine how much it would cost to fix them and dealerships will most likely take advantage of it. Are there good Maserati mechanics around Toronto?

Ha! Yet we all keep coming back. The style and panache of Maserati is too alluring.
So true lol I just hear the exhaust note and I'm sold already lol

·
Registered
76 Posts
not sure what the maserati scene is like in toronto but I bet there has to be some good presence seeing how it's canada's most populated city, but from my experience i discovered finding a shop that specializes in high end vehicles is sometimes the way to go

1 - 7 of 7 Posts