Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got back from spending a weekend in New York City and going to the auto show. I have been before and Maserati never had a big presence, but that changed this year, for sure. It was a combination Maserati/Alfa Romeo booth. It's funny when I think that last year, Porsche had all the cars unlocked and open for people to sit in and try out. This year, the Porsches were locked and the Maserati was unlocked :).

The best part is I managed to get behind the wheel of the car I have been thinking about more and more without pressure from a sales pitch or car dealers. The Ghibli is really impressive inside. The fit and finish was excellent, the controls well placed, and the one at the show had the Bowers & Wilkins sound system.

It's funny how the Maserati's suits really didn't want to bother with a potential woman owner. It seems like they didn't want to talk to me. But, never mind, I did have fun.

I went there for 2 reasons: 1 to see the Ghibli, which I did and 2 to see what is going on at SRT (Chrysler's high performance division). The rumor is the 2015 700hp Challenger is supposed to be a 200+ mph car and about pretty close to the same price as a Ghibli. Unfortunately, I am going to have to wait a few more months for the reveal. But I am about getting very close to the 50%+ point where I won't care about a 200mph Challenger and just go with the Ghibli now, it was just so darn impressive inside and out. And that's without even hearing the engine :)

If anyone was thinking of going to the show to see the Ghibli in person then do it. It's not a test drive, but it's a way to see if one can see if they are a fit for the car.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hmm, why not both? You have to admit that Mopar has some pretty exciting cars these days but I would lean toward the S Q4.

I hope the M suits are reading this! They were nothing but nice to me and my wife when we went to the Chicago Auto Show. Porsche (we went to look at the Macan -- very nice!), Mercedes, Jaguar were all locked up and no one around to answer questions.

I wonder what is worse: ignoring you or not being there at all? IMO, Pretty poor salesmanship in either case.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Agree on the ignoring but I really do not see buying a Dodge for the same price as a Maserati...............guess the 200+ HP will attract some but the Ghibli is an amazing car it is a no brainer IMO..................

1 - 3 of 3 Posts