Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
And what are You thinking about the part with nr 10 on the picture i have sended? Could it be the problem?

·
Registered
636 Posts
you guys really are just throwing parts at a problem? number ten on the diagram is the bypass valve, venting excess pressure back to the intake duct when the throttle is let off. a blow off valve basically.
the wastegate actuator is part of the turbo. you can test each side by using a vacuum hand pump at the lines going to them from the actuator on top of the manifold. either the actuator or the lines to the actuator are the problem. maybe the wastegate internally but less likely..

·
Registered
14 Posts
I agree on that. Im now just trying. Both the actuator and wastegates are ok in my car. Did a smoke test to chech any leakage. If the “blow off valve” stuck open I can understand that i lose pressure. The only thing that keeps me from replacing it is that when i erase the code “on the fly” i have full pressure back. So if the valve is stuck open i think erasing the code will not give me the pressure back. 3-aug my car will go to the Maserati workshop because I really want this problem solved.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I agree on that. Im now just trying. Both the actuator and wastegates are ok in my car. Did a smoke test to chech any leakage. If the “blow off valve” stuck open I can understand that i lose pressure. The only thing that keeps me from replacing it is that when i erase the code “on the fly” i have full pressure back. So if the valve is stuck open i think erasing the code will not give me the pressure back. 3-aug my car will go to the Maserati workshop because I really want this problem solved.
Please give us further informations if they solve it

·
Registered
19 Posts
Does the car run very rich when there is no power? (Is there a strong gas smell)
Do you notice any rumbling or shaking when it loses power?

Can you do this and report back. I know it sounds dumb but bare with me. I’ll post a video of my car that demonstrates why I’m asking :
1) In manual mode, start in 2nd gear and Accelerate from a stop at a normal rate (maybe 10-15% throttle).
2) Short shift to third gear as quickly as possible and continue light on the throttle (maybe 10-15% throttle)
3) Continue to slowly accelerate, you should start to feel it building boost around 1600 rpm
4) Completely Let off the throttle at ~2200rpm and see if you hear any odd squeak/squeal/chirp sounds

I would put my money on it being related to a wastegate actuator. Could be a bad solenoid getting stuck or a faulty actuator. Hopefully not the actuator because that is built into the turbo assembly from what I understand.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello Harrie, have you solved by overhauled the both of turbo? Have you done it in official Maserati dealer. Can I ask you how much you spent for overhauled both turbo? Bye

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have done both the turbo’s. I had the problem that the car almost died when I came to a full stop and when I hold the rpm at 2000 in neutral I looked like it was misfiring. I paid €750 each at a workshop that was specialized in turbo’s. I got the adres from a maserati dealer ship that also bring there turbos there. The turbine it self wasnt touched because they where ok. The only problem was a wornout wastegate axle. But the problem with the loss of the pressure isnt solved.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I did the disassemble my self. Its not that hard when you take the cats off you can easily acces the turbos form below.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts