Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi every one, my Ghibli Sq4 have 2800KM and it is the second time it happen in 100km, the engine light yellow appear and the car seem to stay in the same rpm not more that 1800. i cannot shift manually i gives the feeling that the transmission slip. t i live in a montains so is was very hard the get to my house.
the first time it append, the morning after i start the car and all the power was normal but the engine light still lighting. i went to a garage ou have OBDC and cancel the code, it was the code for the fuel pump.

i called the dealer because he is 250KM from my home. he is suppose the check with maserati.

but today it happen again 100km since last time. i have to call them tomorrow. i dont feel good here in canada the very cold weather is coming
will see tomorrow if the fist start will arrange the problem
the two time it happen it was around 20Km after i start the car because it happen at the same position in my ride.

is any one had the same problem?

sorry about my english!

Stephan

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi every one, my Ghibli Sq4 have 2800KM and it is the second time it happen in 100km, the engine light yellow appear and the car seem to stay in the same rpm not more that 1800. i cannot shift manually i gives the feeling that the transmission slip. t i live in a montains so is was very hard the get to my house.
the first time it append, the morning after i start the car and all the power was normal but the engine light still lighting. i went to a garage ou have OBDC and cancel the code, it was the code for the fuel pump.

i called the dealer because he is 250KM from my home. he is suppose the check with maserati.

but today it happen again 100km since last time. i have to call them tomorrow. i dont feel good here in canada the very cold weather is coming
the two time it happen it was around 20Km after i start the car because it happen at the same position in my ride.

sorry about my english!

Stephan
Ouch! Not good.

Could be the fuel pump but the symptoms sound similar to fouled spark plugs causing multiple cylinder misfires. 3/6 in my case, with loss of power and shuddering at very low speeds, and a yellow check engine light. Happened only once to me, but others have had repeat issues.

Please let us know what caused if when you know. Hope it's not a serious issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This norning ut is the same problem ut feel the transmission stay un 3 gear 4000rpm to go on the highway!

Will call dealer thiss morning

·
Registered
48 Posts

sorry about my english!

Stephan
Any follow up? What did the dealership find out? I just had a similar issue, was driving, auto mode, temp in the 50's so it wasn't that cold. Car downshifted when I slowed down, then what sounded like a clunk under the car as it downshifted. From that point on the Check Engine light came on and the car never upshifted. Manual, paddle shifters or I.C.E. mode works. The Reverse gear does work.
Just called Maserati of North America who will pick it up in the morning.
Thanks

·
Registered
80 Posts
I had power loss on the second day and it turned out to be half the engine not firing for some reason. I got the yellow light first and the shudder and then the engine light began to flash so I shut off the engine. I restarted a few minutes later and drove with no problems to the dealer. the dealer suspected perhaps a fuel pump issue and recommended keeping the tank above 1/4. The day it happened, the car started fine but I was going very slowly at first in auto mode due to construction traffic. I'm wondering if the low rpm and a cold engine had something to do with it. Have not had the problem since and now start off in manual mode to make sure my rpms come up. I'm also making sure to keep the gas tank no lower than 1/4. I know other brands have pump failure problems if the tank is kept at too low a level

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
the only way to determine what the issue is would be to know the DTC codes, without knowing the DTC it could be a number of things, plug misfire, fuel pump, sending units, injectors, etc... you orig stated the fuel pump code came up, what was the actual code #? so my guess is you have a faulty fuel pump. if its happening 15 miles into your drive its prob overheating and shutting down.

call dealer and have them pick it up on the flatbed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts