Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I have a 2016 Ghibli Diesel with 40.000 KM. It is lowered with H&R springs and I drive it with 21" wheels.

On driver's side I have a "klonk" noise on little road bumps ... it is a sound you typically have when the stabilizer end links are in bad condition.

I have ordered 2 new ones and today we changed them both (OEM 67005003/5004) but the noise is still there.

What do you think could it be? The wishbones look like new, nothing cracked or damaged ....

Thank you very much!

Peter

Attachments

·
Registered
456 Posts
Hi Peter,
It could either be the swivel joint on the top or bottom wishbones or on the steering swivel.
It's hard to find out which one, as they are in tension supporting the weight of the car.
You have to lift the car and use a crowbar to try to make them move to see if they are slack.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I’m currently breaking a 2018 Ghibli 3.0 diesel it’s covered 18 tho if need anything I’m in Manchester

·
Registered
456 Posts
Peter,
There is one wishbone at the top and one at the bottom, each with a ball joint.
Always very difficult to assess which one is the noisy one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have read that the lower ones had many issues...? Noisy...

The part numbers have changed later to better ones?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So today I was at our garage and they tested my front axle.

The top wishbones are perfect but the bottom wishbones move very much where they are fixed. Not on the side by the wheel, but on both points near the engine...

Sorry for my bad English :)

So I think best solution is to change both sides and than the noise should be gone...

Peter

·
Registered
456 Posts
Hi Peter, yes it is generally a good idea to replace both wishbones at the same time.
Then you have the tracking done again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts