Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a month driving my sq4. I love this machine so much!!!!. but I can't enjoy the exhaust sound fully because of the three different noises below...

1. rattle noise somewhere from the back when accelerating 1800~2100 rpm. it seems it comes from somewhere near the exhaust or maybe rear stop light.. I brought in 3 times but my service manager couldn't locate it.

2. weird sound from suspension. it sounds like old suspension being loose or sometimes some parts hitting plastic panel. i can hear this when driving on little bumpy road.. i have 21" wheels with sports suspension. is this simply because 21" is too big for ghibli?? my service manager checked the suspension but couldn't find anything wrong.

3. high pitch noise from the front speaker when having phone calls. very high pitch voice from the front speaker. it seems the default speaker setup for phone call is 100% front only. is there any way i can change the set up?

anyone who has any of these noises? please help........

·
Registered
72 Posts
I agree with point 1.
I first thought it was the tail light rattle as others have pointed out, but even after they fixed the tail light I can still hear the rattle that comes from the rear. The service guy told me it's from the exhaust pipes. He doesn't seem to have any fix yet though.

·
Registered
76 Posts
3. high pitch noise from the front speaker when having phone calls. very high pitch voice from the front speaker. it seems the default speaker setup for phone call is 100% front only. is there any way i can change the set up?

anyone who has any of these noises? please help........
have experienced the same when on the phone. horrible noise.
thought it may have been may old bberry but apparently more of a speaker issues

also, anybody have connectivity issues with playing music/pandora over bluetooth? sometimes it works, sometimes it plays on the phone but doesn't get to the MTS/speakers

·
Registered
76 Posts
bluetooth pandora does not work if the phone is plugged in to the car on the usb.
it is not plugged into USB, otherwise i would choose USB as input

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I brought my car in my dealer service one more time today.

I and the manager of my dealership drove two different ghiblis (1 base and 1 sq4) in the dealer. both has the same three noise problems I listed in my OP. my sales manager promised me he would definitely try to fix those this time. He thinks the first two problems are related to exhaust pipe. I'll post updates probably later this week as soon as i hear from my manager.

BTW, I thought these noises are not common to other ghiblis because nobody in this forum has reported. but both of ghiblis i tried today has the same noise problem. I don't think these noises are part of the ghibli characteristics. so annoying. probably only annoying to me and my service manager??

·
Registered
324 Posts
My sq4 has the exhaust pipe vibration/rattle. I hear it only at lower speeds and more so when the car is cold. I've been lazy about bringing my car in to have this and other problems diagnosed/fixed. I recently experienced the window drop problem reported here where my driver's side window didn't go back up after shutting the door; I had to shut the car off and restart. More often than not the passenger window goes up several seconds after I shut my driver-side door, wtf. Anyway, I'll save my b*tching for Tony.

·
Registered
114 Posts
My sq4 has the exhaust pipe vibration/rattle. I hear it only at lower speeds and more so when the car is cold. I've been lazy about bringing my car in to have this and other problems diagnosed/fixed. I recently experienced the window drop problem reported here where my driver's side window didn't go back up after shutting the door; I had to shut the car off and restart. More often than not the passenger window goes up several seconds after I shut my driver-side door, wtf. Anyway, I'll save my b*tching for Tony.
Yep that is the issue with the window. About half the time when just I get into the car on the drivers side after I close the door, the driver window goes back up into place but then the passenger window goes down slightly. If I don't manually lower and raise the passenger window, I hear wind noise while driving indicating that the window is not fully closed.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The dealer did a software update for this issue on Monday. I am still having the problem with the drivers side. Dealer suggested rolling the window down and keeping the button pressed down for ten seconds after the windows completes rolling down. Then roll the window up and do the same holding the button for ten seconds after the window has completed rolling up. This is supposed to reset the window. I will try this today (couldn't earlier as I got the windows tinted and needed them to settle for a few days).

UPDATE: The procedure did not work. My service tech is submitting the problem to Maserati for further analysis.

·
Registered
114 Posts
The dealer did a software update for this issue on Monday. I am still having the problem with the drivers side. Dealer suggested rolling the window down and keeping the button pressed down for ten seconds after the windows completes rolling down. Then roll the window up and do the same holding the button for ten seconds after the window has completed rolling up. This is supposed to reset the window. I will try this today (couldn't earlier as I got the windows tinted and needed them to settle for a few days).

UPDATE: The procedure did not work. My service tech is submitting the problem to Maserati for further analysis.
Did you also have the issue with the passenger window? If so did the software update fix that?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts