Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hence Nova.

I am coming from a BMW 3 series and had planned to get an M5.

The Ghibli seems to be a far better fit for me: 4 doors, powerful enough, all wheel drive, reasonably luxurious, makes all the right noises at the right times, and falls in my budget range. And of course when friends/co-workers come with me for a ride, they'll notice that it's not German or Japanese.

I have a story...

Several years ago when the wife and I were still living fairly modestly, for some reason we received an invitation from Maserati to go test drive a Quattroporte, in exchange for a $100 gift card to the local Fleming's steak house. I think it might because we attended a Lexus ride and drive event a few months earlier, purely to have fun as we had no intention of buying a Lexus either before or after the event.

We scheduled an appointment with our local Maserati dealer and pulled up in our Toyota Corolla. Without batting an eye, the sales rep took our $100 gift card offer card, and went to grab a set of keys. He explained the features and functions of the car in detail, and then took us on a test drive. Once we got to an empty office park (it was a Saturday), he handed the keys to me and told me to drive as fast as I was comfortable. I kept it sane, but I may have driven faster than the speed limit that day. ;) I took several laps around the more or less circular office park's main loop street. The big car with the throaty Ferrari V8 muscling its way around the curve - the sound, the vibrations, the smell, were all very intoxicating.

After we went back to the dealer, he signed and stamped the offer card, and told us not to hesitate to contact him with any questions. It was painfully obvious that we weren't going to buy a Maserati anytime soon, but he never let it show one bit. I might as well have pulled up in a late model Porsche 911 Turbo and told him I was looking to exchange it for something more practical. Ever since then, my wife has always had a soft spot in her heart for the Maserati Quattroporte.

So we could say that without that exposure, I may still be focused on the M5. It was a good investment that Maserati made in earning me as a customer. I am looking forward to owning this vehicle very much.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I really enjoyed your story Nova! Maserati Quattroporte is a great car and you can say it was in your destiny in some way! And that dealer was certainly far-sighted. Enjoy your Maserati!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts