Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
I like the trunk spoiler. That's the only thing.

The front bumper lip actually made the car looks less aggressive. Side skirts are also very "boring" looking. In this case, I think the OEM bumper and side skirts with a little paint job looks better.

The spring kit is not for sport package??

I am interested in finding out how much the trunk spoiler and the N-tronic tune cost.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Lets wait for the ETG tune and the FD tune.. and see what do they have in bag.. but 2700 $ for the tune is way overkill...

·
Registered
524 Posts
@yxc145 That's the pricing they gave me. $1,170 for the CF trunk spoiler. $2,700 for the tune plus dealer fees to install it.
@flamingwicky FD won't have a tune any time soon since Ghibli has all new software and they need new machines to develop them. They will have in a week or so trunk spoiler ( non CF but painted for around $900, can't remember the exact amount), rear diffuser etc.

·
Registered
666 Posts
@yxc145 That's the pricing they gave me. $1,170 for the CF trunk spoiler. $2,700 for the tune plus dealer fees to install it.
@flamingwicky FD won't have a tune any time soon since Ghibli has all new software and they need new machines to develop them. They will have in a week or so trunk spoiler ( non CF but painted for around $900, can't remember the exact amount), rear diffuser etc.
this is outrageous!!! I guess I won't be doing any tuning to this car.
For the trunk spoiler. I will just wait till a quality copy is made and get it on Ebay.
Sometimes I wonder why those companies sell the aero body components so expensive. If they just charge a "reasonable" price, I think most of the people would be willing to spend a little more to buy the genuine parts instead of a copy or replica.

·
Registered
524 Posts
@yxc145 I agree, $2,700 for a tune is a little ridiculous but for the people willing to spend that kind of money on a tune more power to them.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Just because we have a Maserati doesn't mean we're willing to pay a ridiculous price for something. The forum community is your prime audience to sell your product, so its not like you can take it elsewhere.

If no one buys because of price, then what happens to the business?

Maybe a group buy or something, but $1,200 for a molded piece of carbon fiber is insane.

I know nothing about tunes, so I can't comment there.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I will wait and see how the ETG tune comes out and then the tune and dbw from FD. i know it will be some time and since its all ready snow time. So wont be driving the car. In that case i have almost 5 months to wait and see if anyone else gets a better tune out and may be a bit cheap.

BTW i am not interested in any rear spoilers or side fenders. just want more POWER and a better 0-60 (around 3.8 or 4.0)

Reactions: lucmed

·
Registered
241 Posts
Making this a sub 4 second car would be tricky since it would likely require more than the ~515lb.ft of torque our transmissions can safely handle without stressing them, but I am optimistic we can get really close with the right tune. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts