Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You might remember me. I had the Dodge Daytona 392 with every bell and whistle and traded it in 90 days ago for a car with less horsepower and was very trepidatious about it. Now I absolutely love it. You guys were SO right about the transmission!!! It really is special. I find it very easy to go fast with little effort or even realization. I find myself passing people rapidly and thinking "yep that just happened". I live in a small town-have already seen 2 like mine!! ARGH! I still hate the stereo system-if I wasn't afraid to mess with the wiring I would completely replace it. Can't drive with the sunroof open and hear the radio!!! This car has really grown on me and I have not had one problem and I get all the looks. And you just can't beat the price of a 2nd hand Ghibli. Honestly, I have always been an American Muscle car girl but I think I have become a convert. I might upgrade in a year or two to the higher ranking Ghiblis. Seriously, not one problem, not one glitch, nada. Love her.

·
Administrator
2,498 Posts
You might remember me. I had the Dodge Daytona 392 with every bell and whistle and traded it in 90 days ago for a car with less horsepower and was very trepidatious about it. Now I absolutely love it. You guys were SO right about the transmission!!! It really is special. I find it very easy to go fast with little effort or even realization. I find myself passing people rapidly and thinking "yep that just happened". I live in a small town-have already seen 2 like mine!! ARGH! I still hate the stereo system-if I wasn't afraid to mess with the wiring I would completely replace it. Can't drive with the sunroof open and hear the radio!!! This car has really grown on me and I have not had one problem and I get all the looks. And you just can't beat the price of a 2nd hand Ghibli. Honestly, I have always been an American Muscle car girl but I think I have become a convert. I might upgrade in a year or two to the higher ranking Ghiblis. Seriously, not one problem, not one glitch, nada. Love her.
Glad the car is working out for you. It's unique and although not brute force like a muscle car it makes its way pretty quickly with nice handling ... not to mention with great looks and sound.

I've had mine for 7 years now and it's been very reliable and looks like brand new. Yes, the premium sound system is not great, (and yours is better than mine), but my exhaust is so load and even with all the dynamat insulation it's hard to hear the radio over the drone of the exhaust. The 2014 has the loudest and deepest sound of this Ghibli generation ... Maserati toned down around 2016.

In my younger days during the muscle car era I drove my Firebird Formula 455 over 160K miles going through more tires and transmissions than all other cars combined since then. It was old school cast iron 425HP and 500 ft/lbs torque that would throw you back into the seat like a rocket ... although no bells and whistles:(.

So in a few years, I'm sure there will be some used 2021 Trofeo Ghibli (V8 putting out 580 horsepower and 538 pound-feet of torque) ... if your looking for more power.

Wish you continued fun and reliability with your Ghibli!!!

Reactions: shayb

·
Administrator
2,498 Posts
Thanks for the post! If I may ask, what spec Ghibli did you get? And did it have the B&W sound system or the HK?
If you look at this thread I mention what's on my SQ4 and attached the 2014 price sheets. 2019 Ghibli S GranLusso - Blu Nobile

I thought the $5100 upcharge for the B&W was over the top and thought premium ($1440) would be just fine (surprise). Here is the car at 7 years old (March 2021) .. a couple minor accents with diffuser, spoiler and winter rim set-up).

·
Registered
32 Posts
My wife has a Challenger R/T and loves it. Car is straight piped and has several mods. However, she is really liking my Ghibli and the fact you do not see this car body 100 times a day makes it special. Just a beautiful car and I am glad I sold my SRT Charger for it. We still have the Challenger, Subaru and a Jeep Wrangler for winter. The Maserati is. Is the flag ship of our car collection.

Reactions: shayb

·
Registered
77 Posts
Happy to hear! Maserati has 3 diff sounds systems. The regular, a mid quality, and the high end B&W system. The regular system sucks and you can easily blow a speaker if you turn the volume up too loud. I have the mid quality version (forget what it's called) but works well.

Also I use Apple Car Play. It seems to have a different equalizer on the music that makes it louder and more clear.

Or u can be like my ex and wear apple earpods while driving. 🤣😅

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a pristine, fully loaded 2014 SQ4 with 55K miles about 9 months ago. Could not be happier. It is a total joy to drive, and there have been no issues at all mechanically or electrically since it was new.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Glad the car is working out for you. It's unique and although not brute force like a muscle car it makes its way pretty quickly with nice handling ... not to mention with great looks and sound.

I've had mine for 7 years now and it's been very reliable and looks like brand new. Yes, the premium sound system is not great, (and yours is better than mine), but my exhaust is so load and even with all the dynamat insulation it's hard to hear the radio over the drone of the exhaust. The 2014 has the loudest and deepest sound of this Ghibli generation ... Maserati toned down around 2016.

In my younger days during the muscle car era I drove my Firebird Formula 455 over 160K miles going through more tires and transmissions than all other cars combined since then. It was old school cast iron 425HP and 500 ft/lbs torque that would throw you back into the seat like a rocket ... although no bells and whistles:(.

So in a few years, I'm sure there will be some used 2021 Trofeo Ghibli (V8 putting out 580 horsepower and 538 pound-feet of torque) ... if your looking for more power.
View attachment 21494

Wish you continued fun and reliability with your Ghibli!!!
I like your suggestion about the Trofeo! Gonna look that up! Don't you wish you still had the Firebird in a garage somewhere?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts