Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 sq4.
It uses 10W-60 oil and the oil is harder to locate. Usually only through the dealer

I got a quote from the dealer for 430 bux to do the oil change.
I thought about performing the oil change myself but just for the oil and filter would be about 200 bux.

I just went with the dealer to change it.

what kind of quotes are you guys gettin from dealers for an oil change?

·
Administrator
2,474 Posts
That's pretty typical and on lower side of range. Some dealers will discount 10% or so during dead of winter. High demand and/or only game in town we've seen upwards of $600+ for oil change. Many are charging $22/quart for the oil. It's kind of a slippery slope for cars under warranty, as Maserati has partnered with Shell for their exclusive 10W60 oil, but some do it yourself folks use Castrol Edge Supercar 10W-60 Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil as it's an European formula for BMW M series cars and also used in other cars like Aston Martin. It can also be purchased for $12-14 per quart.

·
Registered
32 Posts
$395 in Vegas last I asked.

They comp'd my last one and after a 17k insurance bill for a small wreck, probably this one (I hope lol)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 2018 sq4.
It uses 10W-60 oil and the oil is harder to locate. Usually only through the dealer

I thought about performing the oil change myself but just for the oil and filter would be about 200 bux.

About the same from my dealer..

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Ghibli SQ4
121 Posts
I had my first dealer oil change a couple weeks ago here in MI and it was $455. Labor $150, oil $220, and the rest filter, crush washer, plug, shop supplies, taxes. At least they washed it and cleaned the winter mats. It was more than I hoped and about what I expected. When it is out of warranty, I will have a local indie who has worked on all my Audis and currently services 4-5 Maseratis do the work.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 2018 sq4.

Normally $499 but my dealership offered a service special on their website which made it $399. Sadly, kind of a good deal ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts