Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find oil to do an oil change and know to use Pennzoil euro platinum 5w-40 with the little Ferrari logo on it. I can't seem to find it anywhere. Pep Boys ordered it for me but only 2 quarts out of the 8 were correct. I'm looking on Amazon and can't seem to find any. Is there another oil that can be used or for those who DIY your oil changes please let me know where I can find this?

The person at Pep Boys claimed that they were discontinuing this oil, not sure if that is right? The dealership wants $15 where I am located and I believe I can get it cheaper than that.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I used to get mine on Amazon. If you cant find it you are probably typing it in wrong. I have found that the local Advanced Auto Parts store has it in stock. I now just go to the local store and get it. They seem to be the only Parts store that keeps it in stock.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. I’m Amazon I search Pennzoil euro platinum 5w-40. None of the local auto stores around me keep it in stock or will order it. They just tell me that they no longer carry it.

the only one that they carry is thePennzoil euro platinum 5w-40 without the little Ferrari log on it. Does it make a difference if that’s on there?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks for the response. I’m Amazon I search Pennzoil euro platinum 5w-40. None of the local auto stores around me keep it in stock or will order it. They just tell me that they no longer carry it.

the only one that they carry is thePennzoil euro platinum 5w-40 without the little Ferrari log on it. Does it make a difference if that’s on there?

You are right. It does look like Amazon does not have the one with the logo on it. Looks to be the same oil but without the Ferrari logo. The picture on the Advance Auto Parts site still shows the Ferrari logo on it. As does the pics from NAPA and several other retailers. Not sure why the Amazon bottles don't have it. Maybe someone in the know will chime in.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The little logo was more of a marketing thing than anything else. I suspect that one party or the other didn't renew the agreement. Regardless, I use Motul.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The little logo was more of a marketing thing than anything else. I suspect that one party or the other didn't renew the agreement. Regardless, I use Motul.
If I know that the logo doesnt matter then I can just go with the standard one without the logo. This is my first change so I just dont want to do anything stupid. What Motul do you use? where are you ordering it from? thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
Pennzoil Ultra Platinum is being discontinued, and Ebay sellers and other retailers re now price gouging. Shell Ultra Helix 5-40 is now the Maserati recommended oil and available, but not as readily. Find a 5w-40 motor oil with the same specifications as the Pennzoil and you are fine.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm trying to find oil to do an oil change and know to use Pennzoil euro platinum 5w-40 with the little Ferrari logo on it. I can't seem to find it anywhere. Pep Boys ordered it for me but only 2 quarts out of the 8 were correct. I'm looking on Amazon and can't seem to find any. Is there another oil that can be used or for those who DIY your oil changes please let me know where I can find this?

The person at Pep Boys claimed that they were discontinuing this oil, not sure if that is right? The dealership wants $15 where I am located and I believe I can get it cheaper than that.
I got mine from Advanced auto parts. Cost $10 each. But yes it has to have the ferrari logo.
Beat of luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
ive been doing my oil change with mobil 1 5w-40 for the last 20k miles. I change it every 5k miles vs dealer recommendation of 10k miles.

·
Registered
62 Posts
If I know that the logo doesnt matter then I can just go with the standard one without the logo. This is my first change so I just dont want to do anything stupid. What Motul do you use? where are you ordering it from? thanks
I use 8100 X-CESS 5W-40.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ive been doing my oil change with mobil 1 5w-40 for the last 20k miles. I change it every 5k miles vs dealer recommendation of 10k miles.
Are you just using the Moble 1 5w-40 synthetic silver or is it a certain one? It looks like when I looked it up, they all say for "turbo diesel truck" on them. I use mobile 1 on all my cars and thought it would be ok for this but don't want to mess something up. I also do mine every 5K miles.

I use 8100 X-CESS 5W-40.
Thank you for the response!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Did my first oil change with the extractor and it was super easy. Getting the filter out with it all full of oil was a pain for about 2-3 min. but that's it. I ended up talking to someone who has experience working on all cars especially Maserati and they looked up the specs for me. As long as the oil says on the back ACEA A3/B4, then it meets Maserati's requirement.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The new formula Pennzoil Euro Platinum 5-40 without the Ferrari logo meets all the same criteria as the old formula with the logo. I wouldn't be concerned about the logo. I was able to purchase what was left of the old one with the logo from Advanced Auto Parts for $5/quart yesterday. Unfortunately they only had 9 quarts. The new formula is the regular price of $9.99

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, if doing a full oil change how much oil will I need please?
I'll get my local non-Maserati garage to do it but I want to supply the oil so that I know it is good.

They have Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40 Pure Plus Fully Synthetic Engine Oil on Amazon in UK for 9 litres it is £71.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi, if doing a full oil change how much oil will I need please?
I'll get my local non-Maserati garage to do it but I want to supply the oil so that I know it is good.

They have Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40 Pure Plus Fully Synthetic Engine Oil on Amazon in UK for 9 litres it is £71.
I have the base model and it is 7.6 quarts.The Q4s require more, not sure how much more.

·
Registered
2 Posts

I use Royal Purple it meets and beats the euro specs. About $10 a bottle on amazon

·
Registered
22 Posts
Op did not state of his ghibli is 2014-2017 or 2018 to present as they take different oils. I followed everyone on the forum and put the wrong oil type in. Please do not just take info from this forum and do research elsewhere properly!

·
Registered
3 Posts

1 - 20 of 24 Posts