21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
what I did, I used:
Oil changed - 8.5 Quarts Penzil
Pennzoil Platinum Euro Full Synthetic 5W-40 Motor Oil
(same oil I use in my Lotus)

I was told the Ferrari logo-ed version was gone now, but the Euro oil was the same.

Make sure you have a maintenance interval reset reader. This is the only one I've found for Maserati and does a great job:
(the only other is at the dealer :) )

·
Registered
12 Posts
Note the Pennzoil 5W-40 Platinum Euro Full Synthetic no longer shows the little Ferrari logo in the front, at least in the US. This could be due to Ferrari/Maserati re-focusing their marketing on Shell Helix Ultra. Both Pennzoil and Shell oils have the PurePlus Technology which really just seems to mean they derive from Natural Gas. They oils seems to be very similar, possibly even the same. This will be my first time changing the oil on my Mazi and I already bought the Pennzoil so I guess all I can do is keep my finders crossed regardless. 😆

·
Registered
12 Posts
Pennzoil Ultra Platinum is being discontinued, and Ebay sellers and other retailers re now price gouging. Shell Ultra Helix 5-40 is now the Maserati recommended oil and available, but not as readily. Find a 5w-40 motor oil with the same specifications as the Pennzoil and you are fine.

I just paid $6.20 US per Quart of Pennzoil Platinum Euro Full Synthetic at my local Napa. They only had 8 bottles which I grabbed all and ordered 2 more on Amazon for $9.99 each (which is still not too bad). But next time if I do find better prices with the Shell Helix Ultra (As shown on the Italian Owner's Manual) or LiquiMoli I may go with that. Those brands seem to have worked with others and are available, at least for the moment.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts