Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took off the cover from beneath my 2015 ghibli and while looking around, i noticed oil on the bottom of both left and right lower air intake sleeves. Is this normal?

My car consumes about half a quart of oil every 3k miles (I think this is normal right?) and now i am about 4.5k miles and wanna do my oil change. I got the car last Sept 2019 and i’ve added about 10k miles into it already.

Car has been running fine, no CEL, low oil messages, no oil dripping to the ground. Just wanted to know if this is normal and expected or i should start adding in AT205 reseal when i do my oil changes and start saving for some expensive repairs down the line?

·
Registered
644 Posts
first off, i would not add any snake oil stop leak to these engines. BG 44k is probably the only additive i'd consider, but that is for fuel.
second: acceptable consumption is <1qt per 1k miles.
the oil on the right hand intake sleeve is likely excess from the PCV system. it is plumbed into the RH turbo inlet, with the car shut off, the tube drains into the lowest point of the sleeve. there is a joint there, so it seeps out over time. the RH intercooler is also a collection point. i've dripped out up to a quarter quart into a measuring cup out of it. replace the PCV assembly if you want peace of mind, but it'll just happen again.
the left hand inlet.... likely the result of a messy oil change. pulling the filter out can pour out oil in a good quantity without rags tucked up under the housing to collect it. if that isn't it.... you have additional leaks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gotcha. Thank you. The seepage under the RH sleeve was kinda fewer vs the one on the left side, which looked like it was leaking from the top, and seems to make sense when you said the messy oil leak that could’ve been done. I guess i shouldn’t worry if i don’t see any oil on the ground right?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts